"Attractions of Lukang" Lu-kang by limkahwan
Lu-kang Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 47 photos
This 1573 temple devoted to Matzu, Goddest of the sea whose orginal red face has been blackened by the smoke of incence offered by countless worshippers over the centuries and is now known as Black Face Matzu. The temple's structure, paintings, woods and stone carvings made this an intensely artistic temple. The rear court of the temple now serve as a museum with displays of the divine Palanquins used by Matzu on tours of her realm, crown and other artifacts.
This museum housed in Renaissance Structures that were once the home of a prominent landowning family. The main structure were of western style Baroque building and a southern Fujian style chinese building. There more than 6,000 items on display encompass architecture, furniture, food vessels, and others valuable collections dating from the mid-Qing to the early Republic period. The displays also include a traditional lying-in room, studio, accounts room, wedding room all faithfully representing the way the local people live in Taiwan early years of development.
Lukang's most famous traditional tea-cakes, Deep fried glutinous rice balls. Glutinous rice dough is shaped into balls, deep fried (causing the balls to expand) and dipped in maltose. Different materials are sprinkled on, adhering to the maltose and producing different flavours such as sesame, peanut and almond.
- Pros:Free Shuttle Bus to all the attractions.
- In a nutshell:History are everywhere.
limkahwan's Related Pages
Lu-kang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Taiwan's Historic Town"
- "Lu Kung"
- "Old streets of Lukang"
- "Attractions of Lukang"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lu-kang
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Lu-kang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lu-kang
Top 10 Pages
- Penang Intro, 33 reviews, 145 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Kelantan Intro, 13 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand Intro, 11 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chiang Mai Intro, 11 reviews, 58 photos
- Taipei Intro, 4 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- T'ai-chung Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Taiwan Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Kaohsiung Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Negeri Terengganu Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
- T'ai-nan Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 1 travelogue