"Jasper" Jasper by spidermiss
Jasper Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 244 photos
This town is the commercial centre of Jasper National Park and the Athabasca River Valley. It's situation centrally between Edmonton and Banff via the Icefields Parkway which connects Lake Louise in Banff National Park and the Yellowhead Highway and Pass to the West and North West of Canada.
The town has a railway which connects to Vancouver and Toronto and also to Prince Rupert in the North West of British Columbia province.
Jasper is a gateway to a number of attractions including Athabasca Falls, Pyramid Lake, Maligne Lake and canyon, Medicine Lake and others. There is the Jasper Tramway and the town itself has various historic sights.
*Unfortunately, I don't have photos of Jasper townsite*
- Pros:Quieter than its sister town, Banff
- Cons:You need to rely on your own transport to fully explore the surrounding area!
- In a nutshell:An alternative base to Banff!
spidermiss' Related Pages
Jasper Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "JASPER --- ALPINE CHARM"
- "Was this city named after me?"
- "Rocky Mountian Hideaway"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jasper
- Hotels in Jasper
- Transportation in Jasper
- Restaurants in Jasper
- Shopping in Jasper
- Warnings and Dangers in Jasper
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jasper
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Jasper?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jasper
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 129 reviews, 628 photos, 26 travelogues
- London Intro, 148 reviews, 586 photos, 12 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- York Intro, 35 reviews, 122 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 44 reviews, 112 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 34 reviews, 116 photos
- Bath Intro, 31 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 31 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 27 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 25 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues