"Barrow" Barrow in Furness by spidermiss
Barrow in Furness Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 154 photos
Barrow is known for the steel and ship building industry and the industry was at it's peak during the 19th Century. The town suffered from the industry decline during the 20th Century. Today, Barrow is the home the BAE Systems Marine ship building projects and also the Barrow Offshore Wind Project where 30 wind turbines can be seen offshore in the Irish Sea.
- Pros:Walney Island and its natural habitat!
- Cons:Has a very industrial and tired feel to the town!
- In a nutshell:Very industrial and a tired feel to the town!
spidermiss' Related Pages
Barrow in Furness Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "At The End Of The Longest Cul-de-Sac in England..."
- "My Town"
- "Some call it a cul de sac........"
- "home is where the heart is"
- "Barrow in Furness"
- "A lake paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barrow in Furness
- Hotels in Barrow in Furness
- Transportation in Barrow in Furness
- Nightlife in Barrow in Furness
- Restaurants in Barrow in Furness
- Shopping in Barrow in Furness
- Warnings and Dangers in Barrow in Furness
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barrow in Furness
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Barrow in Furness?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barrow in Furness
Photos in Barrow in FurnessSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 181 reviews, 722 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 134 reviews, 652 photos, 27 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- York Intro, 37 reviews, 130 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 44 reviews, 112 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 34 reviews, 116 photos
- Bath Intro, 31 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 31 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 27 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 25 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues