Bradford Nightlife Tips by spidermiss Top 5 Page for this destination
Bradford Nightlife: 5 reviews and 7 photos
Alhambra Theatre, Bradford
The Alhambra Theatre
The Alhambra theatre was built by Frank Laidler in 1913 on a former waste site and opened in 1914 just before World War I. It became a Grade II listed building in 1974 and following a extensive refurbishment, which the theatre reopened in 1986. The Alhambra has been known traditionally for its pantomimes and variety shows and today seats around 1450. It hosts big touring productions including West End Musicals. Over the years, I saw 'Cats', 'The Phantom of the Opera', 'Miss Saigon' and many other productions including opera and ballet. The theatre has a pleasant restaurant, Restaurant 1914, and also coffee/deli lounge and bars.
Adjacent to the Alhambra Theatre there is The Studio which offers flexible space for theatre (seats up to 200) and various events. The venue is very pleasant there when I had seen a concert there in May 2011.
St George's Hall
St George's Hall is a concert venue and has 1500 seats. The venue hosts a variety of events including classical concerts where Halle is the resident orchestra along with stand up comedians and variety and children shows.
Dress Code: Smart casual
Address: Morley Street, Bradford, BD7 1AJ
Directions: The Alhambra and The Studio are a 10 minutes walk from Bradford Interchange and is a 5 minute walk from Bradford City Hall/Ceternary Square.
St George's Hall is on Bridge Street, BD1 1JT, is opposite the Bradford Interchange railway/bus station.
Other Contact: 01274 4310333 (Fax)
Phone: 01274 432000
More Reviews (11)
spidermiss' Related Pages
Bradford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Couple of Continents Combined in One Place"
- "Some highs and many lows!"
- "Often overlooked cultural hit"
- "Bradford Uni"
- "Bradford, UK"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bradford
- Hotels in Bradford
- Transportation in Bradford
- Nightlife in Bradford
- Restaurants in Bradford
- Shopping in Bradford
- Warnings and Dangers in Bradford
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bradford
- 12 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Bradford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bradford
Photos in BradfordSee All Photos (50)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 190 reviews, 791 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 138 reviews, 688 photos, 31 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- York Intro, 52 reviews, 193 photos, 4 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 44 reviews, 112 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 34 reviews, 116 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 26 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bath Intro, 31 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 31 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues