"Cockermouth" Cockermouth by spidermiss
Cockermouth Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 28 photos
Cockermouth is situated on two rivers, Cocker and Derwent. It's a market town situated in North West of Cumbria which made headline news for its 2009 flood. A lot of damage was down the town but known for its community spirit in rebuilding the town in a short space of time. It's hard to see what effects the flood in the town centre but we learnt more about the natural incident when we visited Wordsworth House.
We spent an afternoon looking round Wordsworth House, a National Trust property.
- Pros:A pleasant market town.
- Cons:Vulnerable to flood as the town sits on two rivers!
- In a nutshell:William Wordsworth Birthplace!
William Wordswoth was born on the 7th April 1770 in Cockermouth. He lived at Wordsworth House with family including his... more travel advice
spidermiss' Related Pages
Cockermouth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cockermouth - Lake District"
- "Cockermouth - leaving the Lake District"
- "Cockermouth - WELLIES Country"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cockermouth
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Cockermouth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cockermouth
Photos in CockermouthSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 188 reviews, 750 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 137 reviews, 670 photos, 30 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- York Intro, 38 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 44 reviews, 112 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 34 reviews, 116 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 27 reviews, 118 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bath Intro, 31 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 31 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 25 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues