"Durham" Durham by spidermiss
Durham Travel Guide: 231 reviews and 559 photos
The city was founded in 995 AD and built on "Dunholm", island hill, by the River Wear. This was the resting place of St Cuthberts and attract a number of pilgrims to come and visit.
The city has one of the oldest universities in the country along with historic buildings, footbridges and green space.
The main attractions are the cathedral and the castle.
This Norman Fortress began to be built in 1073. These days the castle is now part of Durham University. You're able to... more travel advice
spidermiss' Related Pages
Durham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A trip down memory lane for sourbugger"
- "Daytripping to Durham"
- "Durham - great for students"
- "Rachel and Joe's Wedding 24th July 2004"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Durham
- Hotels in Durham
- Transportation in Durham
- Nightlife in Durham
- Restaurants in Durham
- Shopping in Durham
- Warnings and Dangers in Durham
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Durham
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Durham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Durham
Photos in DurhamSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 188 reviews, 750 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 137 reviews, 670 photos, 30 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- York Intro, 38 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 44 reviews, 112 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 34 reviews, 116 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 27 reviews, 118 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bath Intro, 31 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 31 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 25 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues