"Esholt" Esholt by spidermiss
Esholt Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 39 photos
After reading the tips about Esholt from alyf1961, a fellow VTer, I was inspired to visit Esholt in West Yorkshire. It's a village that gained fame from the British soap opera, Emmerdale.
The village was the filming location between 1976 to 1996 and today you can still trace the Emmerdale fame in The Woolpack pub and the village shop/post office that still sell Emmerdale souvenirs.
I'm not an 'Emmerdale' fan but I was intrigued to visit the village and enjoy my trip with an open mind and perhaps learn more about its 'Emmerdale' fame!
- Pros:Famous for Emmerdale!
- Cons:Not good public transport links!
- In a nutshell:A small village with a big fame!
To reach Esholt by public transport can be a challenge and this needs to be planned well in order to enjoy the village... more travel advice
Please see Exploring The Village tip about what I got up to during my visit to Esholt. I think two hours is sufficient... more travel advice
spidermiss' Related Pages
Esholt Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Esholt
- 6 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Esholt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Esholt
Photos in EsholtSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 156 reviews, 618 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 129 reviews, 628 photos, 26 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- York Intro, 36 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 44 reviews, 112 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 34 reviews, 116 photos
- Bath Intro, 31 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 31 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 27 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 25 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues