"Haworth" Haworth by spidermiss
Haworth Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 270 photos
Haworth is a village in West Yorkshire and surrounded by the Pennines and moorland. Due to the proximity the village manufactured wool and became an important industrial village during its hey day. Haworth, however, is now recognised for the Bronte's sisters who lived in the Haworth Parsonage from 1820 to 1861 which the Parsonage is now a museum celebrating and exhibiting their lives and works. It is worth walking up main street for its cobbled road and a variety of independent and unique shops and the quaint tearooms. There are number of guesthouses on the street for those who want to stay over.
You can access the village by bus from either Keighley or Hebden Bridge in West Yorkshire or by riding on The Keighley and Worth Valley Railway which starts and ends from either Keighley or Oxenhope.
- Pros:Famous for the Brontes
- Cons:It can get crowded for a very small village!
- In a nutshell:Learning about the Brontes and walking on the cobbled main street.
This heritage railway is now privately run since 1964 when Dr Beeching closed the line and the railway received its fame... more travel advice
spidermiss' Related Pages
Haworth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Haworth - Victorian heritage on view"
- "Bronte Country"
- "Haworth A step back in time!"
- "Haworth not Howarth!"
- "THE VILLAGE OF HAWORTH"
- "Haworth - West Yorkshire"
- "Home of the Brontës"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Haworth
- Hotels in Haworth
- Transportation in Haworth
- Restaurants in Haworth
- Shopping in Haworth
- Warnings and Dangers in Haworth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Haworth
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Haworth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Haworth
Photos in HaworthSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 189 reviews, 755 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 140 reviews, 692 photos, 31 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- York Intro, 44 reviews, 168 photos, 4 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 44 reviews, 112 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 34 reviews, 116 photos
- Bath Intro, 31 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 26 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 31 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues