"Huddersfield" Top 5 Page for this destination Huddersfield by spidermiss
Huddersfield Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 76 photos
Huddersfield is situated between Leeds and Manchester. It's another town that played an important role in the Industrial Revolution during the 18th and 19th Century. The town is the birthplaces of Harold Wilson, a politician and British Prime Minister and of the sport, rugby league.
I usually bypass the town on the train many times on my way to Manchester. Recently I have been in the town centre for using the University of Huddersfield Library for my studies.
It's worth noting the wonderful Vicitorian Architecture such as the town's railway station, St George's Square and the Lions Building. The town has the third highest concentration of listed buildings in the country!
- Pros:Has a a great university! Great listed buildings!
- Cons:Not much to see and do there!
- In a nutshell:Midway between Leeds and Manchester!
spidermiss' Related Pages
Huddersfield Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Could be so much better - Huddersfield"
- "Orlikins Luv Goes To 'Uddersfield"
- "Heaven and Hell"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Huddersfield
- Hotels in Huddersfield
- Transportation in Huddersfield
- Nightlife in Huddersfield
- Restaurants in Huddersfield
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Huddersfield
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Huddersfield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Huddersfield
Photos in HuddersfieldSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 124 reviews, 602 photos, 25 travelogues
- London Intro, 124 reviews, 497 photos, 11 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- York Intro, 35 reviews, 122 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 44 reviews, 112 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 34 reviews, 116 photos
- Bath Intro, 31 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 31 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 27 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 25 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues