"Huddersfield" Top 5 Page for this destination Huddersfield by spidermiss
Huddersfield Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 92 photos
Huddersfield is situated between Leeds and Manchester. It's another town that played an important role in the Industrial Revolution during the 18th and 19th Century. The town is the birthplaces of Harold Wilson, a politician and British Prime Minister and of the sport, rugby league.
I usually bypass the town on the train many times on my way to Manchester and Liverpool but I occasionally visit to review shows at the Lawrence Batley Theatre.
It's worth noting the wonderful Victorian Architecture such as the town's railway station, St George's Square and the Lions Building. The town has the third highest concentration of listed buildings in the country!
An informative website here about Huddersfield.
- Pros:Has a a great university! Great listed buildings!
- Cons:Not much to see and do there!
- In a nutshell:Midway between Leeds and Manchester!
Before seeing Around the World in 80 Days at the Lawrence Batley Theatre I had a pizza at this restaurant with... more travel advice
This classical Italianate building was designed by John H. Abbey and opened in the 19th Century. As well as civic... more travel advice
spidermiss' Related Pages
Huddersfield Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Could be so much better - Huddersfield"
- "Change in Plans"
- "Orlikins Luv Goes To 'Uddersfield"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Huddersfield
- Hotels in Huddersfield
- Transportation in Huddersfield
- Nightlife in Huddersfield
- Restaurants in Huddersfield
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Huddersfield
- 6 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Huddersfield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Huddersfield
Photos in HuddersfieldSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 190 reviews, 794 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 148 reviews, 739 photos, 32 travelogues
- York Intro, 72 reviews, 271 photos, 4 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 50 reviews, 257 photos, 10 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 44 reviews, 112 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 34 reviews, 116 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 26 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bath Intro, 31 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 31 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues