Leeds Sports & Outdoors Tips by spidermiss Top 5 Page for this destination
Leeds Sports & Outdoors: 8 reviews and 14 photos
Temple Newsam Golf Course, Leeds
Temple Newsam Course is a municipal golf course located in the estate's parkland where members of the public can 'pay and play' golf. Membership and annual season tickets are also available which one can contact for further information.
The golf course was founded in 1923 and Alister Macenzie designed the course. There are two 18 hole courses, the Lord Irwin and the Lady Dorothy. Both courses are different with the Lord Irwin being more challenging.
As well as golf courses there is a cafe, bar, golf shop, practice facilities and free car parking. The golf course hosts regular competitions and tournaments.
Prices range from 12-15 gbp (Adult) (December 2012) for a round a golf. Please check out the website for prices for membership and season tickets.
My Dad is a keen golfer and began as a novice at this golf course:D
Equipment: Suitable clothing including golf shoes. Clubs and Golf buggy although these can be hired at 5 gbp and 14 gbp respectively (December 2012).
Address: Temple Newsam Road, Leeds, LS15 0NL
Directions: Temple Newsam Road is off A63 Selby Road, Halton, Leeds
Phone: (0113) 264 7362
This seasonal event opens every winter in the City Centre where people have an opportunity to ice skate and also enjoy snow slide and simulator rides. There is also a cafe at the rink. Please check out the IceCube2012 or Leeds City Council websites for further information. You can also email email@example.com .
Icecube is opened from 27th January to 26th February 2012!
It cost 7.00 gbp (January 2012) per adult to skate for an hour including skate hire and additional charge for the other attractions at the IceCube 2012.
I don't ice skate so you won't see me on the rink at any time LOL!!! But do recommend it if you like ice skating as it looks like a lot of fun!
Equipment: Ice skates and helmets are available for hire.
Address: Millennium Square, Leeds
Directions: In the City Centre, at Millennium Square and adjacent to the Civic Hall.
Other Contact: 0113 395 0891 (Info line)
Phone: 0843 208 1841 (Ticket line)
More Reviews (127)
- See All For Classical Concerts!
- See All Northern Ballet
- See All Had a Stuffed Burger!
- See All The Light
spidermiss' Related Pages
Leeds Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LEEDS, LIVE IT, LOVE IT"
- "My Home!!!"
- "Lively Leeds"
- "Leeds – A victorian city wakes up"
- "Leeds, West Yorkshire"
- "Leeds: The Largest City in the North"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Leeds
- Hotels in Leeds
- Transportation in Leeds
- Nightlife in Leeds
- Restaurants in Leeds
- Shopping in Leeds
- Warnings and Dangers in Leeds
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Leeds
- 129 Reviews
- 629 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Leeds?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Leeds
Photos in LeedsSee All Photos (629)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 129 reviews, 628 photos, 26 travelogues
- London Intro, 148 reviews, 586 photos, 12 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- York Intro, 35 reviews, 122 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 44 reviews, 112 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 34 reviews, 116 photos
- Bath Intro, 31 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 31 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 27 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 25 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues