Manchester Hotel Tips by spidermiss

Manchester Hotels: 60,829 reviews and 195 photos

Premier Inn - Manchester City Centre (Piccadilly) - Manchester

Premier Inn - Manchester City Centre (Piccadilly)

Premier Inn - Manchester City Centre (Piccadilly): From 'Home to Home'

Mum and I fancied a change of scenery. We just wanted to stay somewhere nice overnight and have a stress free visit to the city. We decided on this new Premier Inn which just opened in October 2012 (We arrived on the 10th day since the opening) for its location (near the Manchester Piccadilly Railway Station) and it had a restaurant onsite.

We managed to get a reasonable (for a city centre location) flexible premier rate (63 gbp per room per night - October 2012) and had a lovely twin room. The ensuite room was freshly decorated and brand new and we had a view of the Rochdale Canal from our window. Breakfast was excluded in the rate but per usual we brought our own provisions.

We had a pleasant stay with a prompt check in and friendly service. I would stay there again.

Unique Qualities: The Premier Inn has 10 floors of rooms with its onsite restaurant/bar and conference facilities. It's city wide location is near to Canal Street and also Manchester's Arndale Centre and only 200 yards from Manchester Piccadilly Railway Station.

We had a meal onsite on the evening we arrived and it was pleasant although more expensive than average but I remember how beautifully decorated the restaurant is.

We were personally welcomed by its friendly staff including it's general manager and we only learnt that the hotel then just opened over a week!

Address: 72 Dale Street, Manchester, M1 2HR

Comparison: about average

Directions: 200 yards from Manchester Piccadilly Station

Other Contact: 0871 5279391 (Fax)

Phone: 0871 527 9390

Price: US$80-120

Website: http://www.premierinn.com

• Updated Oct 20, 2012
Premier Inn, Manchester, UK (May 2012) - Manchester

Premier Inn, Manchester, UK (May 2012)

Premier Inn Manchester - City Centre (Portland Str: Got a great rate! Premier Inn Manchester - City Centre (Portland Street) Review

My friend and I spent a night at the Premier Inn in Manchester City Centre (May 2012). I managed to secure a great premier flexible rate at 68.00 gbp per room per night (usually the premier flexible rate around 109 gbp per room per night at this hotel!) considering it's located in the city centre and our stay fell on the weekend of Manchester City's crucial football match at home.

We could have got the room cheaper with a premier saver rate but we decided to pay more for the room incase of cancellation.

Unique Qualities: The hotel is situated on Portland Street (at the junction of Oxford Street). It was only five minutes away from the Palace Theatre where we saw the new 'Phantom of the Opera' production on the Saturday evening and only a 10-15 minutes walk from Manchester Piccadilly Station.

We had a lovely room with comfortable beds and even a choice of pillows! We had an ensuite bathroom and tea and coffee making facilities (wished we were supplied with more tea and coffee supplies though).

We couldn't fault the hotel and I probably had one of the best good night's ever in a hotel! I look forward to staying in another Premier Inn in the not too distant future.

There is also an onsite bar and restaurant. Breakfast isn't included - we didn't purchase breakfast because of the extortionate prices and bought our own provisions instead!

Address: The Circus, 112-114 Portland Street, Manchester, M1 4WB, United Kingdom

Comparison: about average

Directions: Portland Street, at the junction of Oxford Street and not far from The Palace Theatre and Oxford Road Railway Station.

Other Contact: 0871 527 8747 (fax)

Phone: 0871 527 8746

Price: US$80-120

Theme: Hotel

Website: http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/MANMTI/manchester-city-centre-portland-street

• Updated May 18, 2012
Hotel International, Mancheter - Manchester

Hotel International, Mancheter

Hotel International Manchester: Cheap and Convenient Hotel International Manchester Review

This hotel offers a variety of accommodation from ensuite rooms to budget accommodation. I stayed in a single room with shared bathroom facilities and I had a comfortable stay.

The room had a tired look (it's hey day has long gone) but it was clean and functional. The shared bathroom facilities were clean although the shower had a habit of switching itself off every so often. The room had a wash basin with a mirror above and there were also tea and coffee making facilities.

I found the room was very warm and this could be an issue in the summer or if the weather is very hot. This didn't affect my stay that much and would be ideal on a very cold day.

I would recommend this hotel if you're looking for a cheap place to stay that includes breakfast. It cost me 35 gbp for a single room including breakfast which was very good value for money.

Unique Qualities: The hotel is conveniently located near Manchester Piccadilly railway station and the metrolink station. In fact just across the road and as well as the trains you can get one of the free buses to many parts of the city centre.

The hotel includes a full English breakfast which is becoming a rarity for many hotels and offers a left luggage facility incase of an early arrival or a late departure. The hotel also has a bar as well although it was closed when I stayed.

Address: 34 London Road, (formerly Queens Hotel), Manchester, Greater Manchester, M1 3QW, United Kingdom

Comparison: less expensive than average

• Updated Oct 29, 2011
Gardens Hotel, Piccadilly Gardens, Manchester - Manchester

Gardens Hotel, Piccadilly Gardens, Manchester

Gardens Hotel: In the heart of Piccadilly Gardens! Gardens Hotel Review

I stayed overnight at this hotel in April 2011 when I spent a couple of days in Manchester. I got a great rate of 45 GBP for an ensuite single room (I was given a double room on my arrival) and full English breakfast when I booked online. The room was nice, clean and with tons of space.

I enjoyed my stay in this hotel and look forward to staying there again on future trips to Manchester. However, I had to be a bit on my guard around Piccadilly Gardens on an evening as I found it to be a bit insalubrious but there were no problems with regards to personal safety.

This hotel has 99 bedrooms and suites and also has conference facilities.

Unique Qualities: My room had a large bay window and looked out onto a central courtyard. The room provided tea and coffee making facilities including biscuits and I was provided with towels and Dove liquid soap and shower gel/shampoo. There is also an iron and ironing board and extra bedding in the closet. In the lobby/reception, there is a lounge and bar area and also a separate breakfast room.

Address: 55 Piccadilly, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M1 2AP, United Kingdom

Comparison: less expensive than average

Directions: Adjacent to Piccadilly Gardens and a 10 minute walk to and from Manchester Piccadilly Station.

Other Contact: reservations@gardenshotelmanches

Phone: 0161 236 5155

Price: US$40-80

Website: http://www.gardenshotelmanchester.com

• Updated Oct 16, 2011

spidermiss

“Seeing the World via Theatre!”

Badges & Stats in Manchester

Have you been to Manchester?

Visiting Manchester?
Read real reviews about Manchester Hotels!

Top 10 Manchester Things to Do