"Saltaire" Saltaire by spidermiss
Saltaire Travel Guide: 81 reviews and 193 photos
Saltaire is a Victorian industrial village in the suburbs of Bradford and near Shipley. Titus Salt, a mill owner and wealthy merchant, built Saltaire for his employees and the village included a school, a chapel, parks, housing and a hospital.
I always enjoy wandering around the village and its buildings whenever I visit Saltaire and end up enjoying a coffee in one of its cafes. When I come during the summer (weather permitting) I love relaxing with a good book in Roberts Park by the Leeds & Liverpool Canal. The main attraction is the Salt Mills, the main mill which Salt owned and where the main production activity was. Today its an attraction with shops, cafes, restaurants and place for exhibitions.
My goal is to walk the whole of Leeds and Liverpool Canal and my pursuits will include visits to Saltaire.
This listed church was built in 1859 by Sir Titus Salt for catering his workers' spiritual needs. This congregational... more travel advice
The Leeds & Liverpool Canal runs through Saltaire and built during the 18th Century and further extended in the 19th... more travel advice
spidermiss' Related Pages
Saltaire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saltaire - Model Village"
- "Saltaire - UNESCO World Heritage Site"
- "Saltaire - model town"
- "Saltaire, West Yorkshire"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saltaire
- Hotels in Saltaire
- Transportation in Saltaire
- Nightlife in Saltaire
- Restaurants in Saltaire
- Shopping in Saltaire
- Warnings and Dangers in Saltaire
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saltaire
- 6 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Saltaire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saltaire
- updated a Saltaire Travelogue "Saltaire to Bingley Canal Walk (July 2016)"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Saltaire to Bingley Canal Walk (July 2016)"
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: Overnight acommodation at..."
- Commented on one of suvanki's Saltaire tips
- Wrote a Review Saltaire Congregational Church in Saltaire Things to Do
Photos in SaltaireSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 193 reviews, 800 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 150 reviews, 774 photos, 36 travelogues
- York Intro, 76 reviews, 294 photos, 5 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 50 reviews, 257 photos, 10 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 44 reviews, 112 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 34 reviews, 116 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 26 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bath Intro, 31 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 31 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues