"The Administrative Centre for West Yorkshire" Wakefield by spidermiss
Wakefield Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 113 photos
Wakefield is the the administrative centre for West Yorkshire where all the public services headquarters for the county are based. I have made many visits to Wakefield as it's only 12 miles from Leeds, where I live.
Visits including a visit to the Nostell Priory and Parklands in April and July 2011. I recently paid a visit to Hepworth Gallery and nearby Chantry and its Bridge. There are plans in the future to revisit the city's cathedral and the town hall for VT tips.
Wakefield over the centuries became an important market town and the centre for wool. The River Calder served as the centre's inland port.
- Pros:Love the Hepworth Gallery!
- Cons:A city often overlooked on the M1!
- In a nutshell:Hepworth Gallery is the jewel of the city!
I had a look around the Bridge and Chantry Chapel after I visited the Hepworth Gallery. The Chantry Chapel was built in... more travel advice
spidermiss' Related Pages
Wakefield Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "YOUR VISIT HAS EARNED YOU A FREE DRINK!"
- "Wonderful Wakefield!"
- "The Administrative Centre for West Yorkshire"
- "Wakefield,The Merrie City"
- "Wakefield's Finest"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wakefield
- Hotels in Wakefield
- Nightlife in Wakefield
- Restaurants in Wakefield
- Shopping in Wakefield
- Warnings and Dangers in Wakefield
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wakefield
- 3 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Wakefield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wakefield
Photos in WakefieldSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 129 reviews, 628 photos, 26 travelogues
- London Intro, 148 reviews, 586 photos, 12 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- York Intro, 35 reviews, 122 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 44 reviews, 112 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 34 reviews, 116 photos
- Bath Intro, 31 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 31 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 27 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 25 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues