"Lake Windermere" Windermere by spidermiss
Windermere Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 87 photos
Lake Windermere is the largest natural lake in England at 10.5 miles long by 1 mile wide. It's over 200 feet deep and fed by many local rivers. The main town is Bowness on Windermere and other popular ports of call are Ambleside Waterhead and Lakeside Pier.
Lake Windermere is always crowded especially in the summer and even busy during the week at off peak season!
- Pros:Largest Natural Lake in England!
- Cons:Overcrowding in Summer!
- In a nutshell:Heart of the Lake District
spidermiss' Related Pages
Windermere Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome To The Lakes District"
- "Beatrix Potter and the Lake District"
- "Lakes and Poets"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Windermere
- Hotels in Windermere
- Transportation in Windermere
- Nightlife in Windermere
- Restaurants in Windermere
- Shopping in Windermere
- Warnings and Dangers in Windermere
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Windermere
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Windermere?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Windermere
Photos in WindermereSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 186 reviews, 742 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 137 reviews, 670 photos, 30 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- York Intro, 38 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 44 reviews, 112 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 34 reviews, 116 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 27 reviews, 118 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bath Intro, 31 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 31 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 25 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues