"Santiago de Chile" Santiago by spidermiss
Santiago Travel Guide: 951 reviews and 2,200 photos
Two or three days would suffice exploring downtown Santiago and can be easily explored on foot. It's recommended to soak in the atmosphere at Plaza de Armas, a central meeting point downtown. Palacio de La Moneda is worth seeing for the significant contribution towards Chilean history and you can see the daily changing of the guard. It's worth climbing up Cerro Santa Lucia for the city views and for its interesting landscape and baroque architecture. It's highly recommended to visit Museo Chileno del Arte Precolombino for its Precolumbian collection. I enjoyed checking out Bario Bellavista, Santiago's Bohemian quarter and where a number of restaurants and bars are cluttered. One for the main attractions in the area is La Chascona, one of Pablo Neruda's houses. La Chascona is opened to the public and you take a guided tour. Not far from Bario Bellavista there is Cerro San Cristobal where is a zoo or swim in one of the two outdoor swimming pools. You can reach the summit either by funicular or ride across on a teleferico. Don't forget to check out the Mercardo Central which is renowned for its fresh produce especially fish!
In October 2007 I spent three weeks learning Spanish at ECELA (Escuelas y Centros de Espanol en Latin America) a private... more travel advice
Crossing the Pio Nona across the Rio Mapocho, you reach the Barrio Bellavista, Santiago's Bohemian Neighbourhood and at... more travel advice
spidermiss' Related Pages
Santiago Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Santiago, Chile"
- "a great place"
- "Santiago, Capital of Chile"
- "Working in Santiago"
- "Between the mountains and the sea"
- "VT Meeting in Santiago"
- "A little taste of South America"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santiago
- Hotels in Santiago
- Transportation in Santiago
- Nightlife in Santiago
- Restaurants in Santiago
- Shopping in Santiago
- Warnings and Dangers in Santiago
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santiago
- 20 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Santiago?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santiago
Photos in SantiagoSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 157 reviews, 622 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 129 reviews, 628 photos, 26 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- York Intro, 36 reviews, 125 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 44 reviews, 112 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 34 reviews, 116 photos
- Bath Intro, 31 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 31 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 27 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 25 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues