"Valdivia" Top 5 Page for this destination Valdivia by spidermiss
Valdivia Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 106 photos
The heart of the city is by the river's waterfront. You can take a cruise down the Rio Valdivia to the coastal forts of Niebla and Coral or just around Isla Teja on the other side of the river.
The city was founded by Pedro de Valdivia in the 1500s but was severely hit by the 1960 earthquake. The Tsuami damaged the town and destroyed a lot of old colonial and historic buildings and the tidal waves swamped the Pacific coast that changed the courses of the rivers.
It's recommendable to visit the Mercado Fluvial especially for the fish market held on Sundays. You can see the seals congregate behind the stalls and by the river. It is worth checking out the Museo Historic y Anthropological Maurice Van de Maele on the other side of the river.
- In a nutshell:By the river of Valdivia
This is a hostel I stayed in Valdivia. It has everything what you expect for a hostel stay with its friendly staff and... more travel advice
Valdivia's heart is by the riverside and waterfront. From the waterfront you can able to join a ferry tour down the... more travel advice
spidermiss' Related Pages
Valdivia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "V A L D I V I A"
- "Valdivia the southern part of Chile"
- "Daylight in Valdivia"
- "Region of the Rivers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Valdivia
- Hotels in Valdivia
- Transportation in Valdivia
- Restaurants in Valdivia
- Shopping in Valdivia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Valdivia
- 4 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Valdivia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valdivia
Photos in ValdiviaSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 129 reviews, 628 photos, 26 travelogues
- London Intro, 148 reviews, 586 photos, 12 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- York Intro, 35 reviews, 122 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 44 reviews, 112 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 34 reviews, 116 photos
- Bath Intro, 31 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 31 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 27 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 25 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues