"Fujieda 2015" Fujieda by taigaa001
Fujieda Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 223 photos
In Fujieda, growing citrus trees used to be popular but thanks in part to expanded orange import many abandoned growing. This citrus tree on the Okadeyama hill seems to be some of the remaining trees in Citrus orchard at the south side of the hill.
Fujieda finally sees the blooming of cherry blossoms in late March. It is currently in full bloom around the riverside of Seto river just close to Kachikusabashi bridge along the old Tokaido Road.
Great Fujieda Festival is being held from today(October 4) to Sunday the 6th.
Kemari is an ancient ball game similar to football. It is originated in China around 2 to 3rd century BC as a military training.(Cuju). The ball game came to Japan around 600 A.D. The first official record dates back as far as 644 A.D. Kemari is generally regarded as ball game for aristocrats during Heian period about 1000 years ago, lifting and tossing the ball around. According to the Nara 21-seiki forum, a non-profit organization focusing on reconstructing the ancient Nara period tradition, however, Kemari played during Asuka and Nara period (from 7th to late 8th century) is more like athletic ball game something like soccer and volleyball combined. After red uniformed and blue uniformed team with ancient costumes had a demonstration match they met the challege of members of local soccer team.
(January 13, 2013)
Turtle Stone #2
There are two turtle stones in Villa of Tanaka Castle in Fujieda. The second turtle stone recently found and returned to the villa garden looks differently depending on the direction of the viewer.
There are two turtle stones in Villa of Tanaka Castle in Fujieda. The second turtle stone recently found and returned to the villa garden looks differently depending on the direction of the viewer.Birdwatching in Rengejiike Park
Today(December 17) I took part in birdwatching event in Rengajiike Park organized by a local birdwatchers' club in Shizuoka. The birds seen in Rengejiike Park may be similar to those in Shinobazu Pond in Ueno Park, Tokyo.
Kingfishers can be found in gardens and parks in Tokyo as well. But kingfishers are one of the hardest birds to spot. Without help from seasoned birdwatcher I could never have found this.
One of the most popular hiking destination for Shizuoka, Fujieda, Yaizu, and Okabe residents. Elevation: 501 meters (see my Okabe page in detail)
In fact summit area belongs to Shizuoka but there are some popular hiking trails from Okabe. It is the mountain 561 meters above sea level. This mountain is related to Dairamocchi legend, the giant who is said to have created mountains in Japan. The depressed area about 150 meters long on the summit is said to be the footprint of the giant.
Known as Bikuishi(elevation 524meters) characterized with rock garden at the summit area.
the highest mountain in Fujieda
Mt. Futago(436m) actually the summit lies at Shimada but popular hiking destination anyway.
Shiro, 城, is often translated into English as "castle" while toride, 砦, is often referred to as fort or... more travel advice
Doutor is one of the most popular coffeehouse chains in Japan, Fujieda Ekimae shop is at the north exit of Fujieda... more travel advice
- See All Kasahari-yama
- See All Getting To Hanashi
- See All Birds In Rengejiike Park(Dec. 2011)
taigaa001's Related Pages
Fujieda Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Fujieda
- Transportation in Fujieda
- Nightlife in Fujieda
- Restaurants in Fujieda
- Shopping in Fujieda
- Warnings and Dangers in Fujieda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fujieda
- 50 Reviews
- 189 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Fujieda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fujieda
- Posted in Travel Himeji Forum "Re: Public transport"
- Commented on one of taigaa001's Fujieda tips
- Wrote a Review What's the difference between Shiro and Toride? in Fujieda Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "What's the difference between Shiro and Toride?"
- updated a Fujieda Travel Page "Fujieda 2015"
- Uploaded a Video to Fujieda
Photos in FujiedaSee All Photos (189)
Videos in FujiedaSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Yokohama Intro, 117 reviews, 346 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 70 reviews, 291 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shinjuku Intro, 77 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 60 reviews, 215 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fujieda Intro, 50 reviews, 189 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 48 reviews, 160 photos
- Okabe Intro, 42 reviews, 160 photos
- Hamakita Intro, 36 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toyokawa Intro, 38 reviews, 124 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fukuroi Intro, 34 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue