"Touring Fujinomiya" Fujinomiya by taigaa001
Fujinomiya Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 58 photos
Shiraito Waterfalls has been undergoing construction works so that visitors can safely tour around and get better landscape fit as World Heritage site now waiting approval. Until the construction works get finished the area is closed.
Home to Religious Headquarters
It's been about thirty years since I climbed Mt. Fuji from Fujinomiya Trail, fifth station, about 2,400 meters in elevation. Modern climbers may hardly believe that before the turnpike leading to such high elevation was developed, the pilgrimage climbers started the long climb from Fujinomiya Sengen Shrine in Fujinomiya. Some modern climbers who prefer shorter trail visit the shrine before climbing praying for the safe climb. Sengen Taisha Shrine in Fujinomiya is the headquarters of all of Sengen Shrines deifying Mt. Fuji as the object of worship. Now the shrine is a part of the properties for World Heritage waiting for approval this summer as Mount Fuji as the source of faith, art and culture.
Fujinomiya is also home to the headquarters of some sects of Nichiren Buddhism such as Kitayama Honmonji Temple and Daisekiji Temple.
Mount Fuji has been revered as the sacred entity and the pilgrimmage climb to the summit is about 1,000-year-old tradition. Some of the sites in Fujinomiya related to the pilgrimmage are waiting to be approved as World Heritage Properties. With the exception of Fujinomiya Sengen Taisha Shrine these places are hard to get to by using public transportation.
taigaa001's Related Pages
Fujinomiya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Best View of Mt fuji"
- "Really Off the Beaten Path near Mt. Fuji Area"
- "Taseki-Ji near Fujinamia"
- "Touring Fujinomiya"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fujinomiya
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Fujinomiya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fujinomiya
Videos in FujinomiyaSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 62 reviews, 259 photos, 5 travelogues
- Okabe Intro, 42 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shinjuku Intro, 47 reviews, 142 photos
- Hamakita Intro, 36 reviews, 137 photos
- Fujieda Intro, 31 reviews, 131 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 30 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fukuroi Intro, 33 reviews, 117 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toyokawa Intro, 35 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 32 reviews, 108 photos
- Meguro Intro, 30 reviews, 97 photos