"Hamakita-ku, Hamamatsu" Hamakita by taigaa001
Hamakita Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 149 photos
On Novemver 3, the Cultural Day, I drove to Hamakita and visited some nice places. First I went to Fudoji Temple. To be more exact, I parked at the parking space of Manyo-no-Mori Park and went downhill and found an entrance of Fudoji temple. Actually Manyo-no-Mori Park and Fudoji temple are connected to each other and you can get into the temple quite easily but getting inside the temple from the main entrance is very nice way to enter. Red gate called Ryugumon is only about 20 years old but very well made. Around red gate you will find a rock garden around medaki fall. Stairs to the main hall is very nice as well. I recommend that you visit both Fudoji temple and Manyo-no-Mori park as they really fit together well.
Blog about Manyo-no-Mori park, Fudoji temple and Manyo-Matsuri Festival
Sign of Blue Cicada:We Try to Experience Japanese Culture and Become Celebrities Instead
Hamakita-ku is a suburban area of Hamamatsu city and one of the seven wards of metropolitan Hamamatsu. Population is about 90,000. Popular destinations of this area include Shizuoka Prefectural Forest Park(Hamakita Forest Park), Gansuiji Temple and Manyono Mori Park. I went to Hamakita for the second time on March 26. First I visited Gansuiji Temple, then Hamakita Forest Park, after enjoying the stroll in the park I dropped by a day-trip spa, Aratamano Yu west of the forest park.
Hamakita Forest Park
Its official name is Shizuoka Prefectural Forestpark, but Hamamatsu people still use the former name. The park is really huge. It has 215 ha in area about two third of New York Central Park. Brazilian people working around Hamamatsu area also love this park and there are some Portuguese youtube pages introducing this park.
Flickr photo of Hamakita Forest Park
Parque Em Hamakita
Map of major destinations......Maplandia.com Map of Hamakita
Also see Hamakita-ku, Hamamatsu(wikipedia)
Youtube Video Clip on Gansuiji Temple
Video Especial!!! Visita Al Templo de Gansuiji(Spanish)
One of the newest attractions of Hamakita-ku is Aratamano Yu, a day-trip spa. It also has a restraurant and a souvenir shop, just entering the spa building is free-of-charge. When you enter the building remember to take off your shoes.
In Sun Street Hamakita, a huge shopping complex near Manyo-no-Mori Park, there's another popular day-trip spa facility called Kaze-to-Tsuki, literally, Wind and Moon, known for its hot stone spa.
- Pros:Nice Suburbian Town with nature and history
- Cons:A bit inconvenient unless you are a local
- In a nutshell:Maybe a nice place to live near Hamamatsu
Farfunium Japonicum (TSUWABUKI in Japanese) is a leapard plant variety that grows under the trees. In Japan it is often... more travel advice
After enjoying the views from the birdwatching tower (photo #1-2), I took the path leading to the pond area. Most of the... more travel advice
taigaa001's Related Pages
Hamakita Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Hamakita
- Transportation in Hamakita
- Restaurants in Hamakita
- Warnings and Dangers in Hamakita
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hamakita
- 36 Reviews
- 145 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Hamakita?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hamakita
- Posted in Travel Tokyo-to Forum "Re: weather & clothes "
- updated a Hamakita Travelogue "Let's Take A Walk In Forest Park 17"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Let's Take A Walk In Forest Park 17"
- Commented on one of YKR's Hamakita travel pages
- Wrote a Review Farfugium Japonicum in Hamakita Favorites
- Uploaded a Video to Hamakita
Photos in HamakitaSee All Photos (145)
Videos in HamakitaSee All Videos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 62 reviews, 259 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shinjuku Intro, 72 reviews, 201 photos
- Okabe Intro, 42 reviews, 160 photos
- Fujieda Intro, 37 reviews, 149 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hamakita Intro, 36 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 39 reviews, 128 photos
- Fukuroi Intro, 34 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toyokawa Intro, 36 reviews, 115 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 30 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toyohashi Intro, 29 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue