"Touring Hamamatsu and its Suburbs" Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu by taigaa001
Hamamatsu Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 240 photos
The top photo is taken at Ryotenji Temple, Kita-ku, Hamamatsu. It's only twenty kilometers north of central Hamamatsu. Ryotanji is best known by its beautiful zen-style garden but the temple has a lot more to appeal to you.
Web blogs about Ryotanji Temple:
Girltron: Ryotanji Temple: Hamamatsu
USA Today Travel: Tourism in Hamamatsu
Where did some of the towns go after they are amalgamated into a part of greater Hamamatsu?
Tenryu, Haruno, Misakubo, Sakuma and Tatsuoka....Tenryu-ku
Hosoe, Inasa, and Mikkabi...Kita-ku
Some people believe that Arai was merged into Hamamatsu. That's not true. Arai was merged into Kosai. And Kosai so far has no intention of merging either Hamamatsu nor Toyohashi. Also another urban legend that Iwata will merge into Hamamatsu will not be materialized at least another ten years.
Hamamatsu is the second largest city in area second only to Takayama City, Gifu. Hamamatsu can be likened to Tokyo-to in lesser scale. The whole city area about 1,500 square kilometers is more than two third of that of Tokyo-to larger than that of Hong Kong(1104 sq. km). The population is about 820,000 but more than 90 percent of the residents live within the 20 kilometer radius from the city center. Just like Okutama area of Tokyo-to, Hokuen Area, currently Tenryu-ku is rich in culture.
There is no official way to put expanded area of Hamamatsu. I use Greater Hamamatsu to refer to the whole city area and Hamamatsu N.T.(New Territories) as expanded area. But the expression may change from person to person. Just unofficial ways to put it in convenience.
On 4th of June I went to Iwata and Hamamatsu. In Hamamatsu I visited Act City area and Hamamatsu Science Museum.
Hamamatsu During mid cherry-viewing season
It seemed as if Hamamatsu Castle were floating above the clouds of cherries. Excellent view. Yet Hamamatsu Castle Park was a bit messy with huge number of cherry-viewers. If you really want to enjoy the stroll around the park, avoid cherry seasons.
Youtube on Hamamatsu
A robot in Hamamatsu Science
New Year Visit to Akiha Shrine(in Japanese)
Useful Webpages on Hamamatsu
Hometown Homepage, Hamamatsu
Hamamatsu Information Book
- Pros:Savvy both in tech and art
- Cons:Inconvenient Transportation, Poor sense of commerce
- In a nutshell:Dormant Giant
Kojitsu Sanso in May One is one of the most popular places to buy hiking gears in Hamamatsu. The staffs are made up of... more travel advice
The shrine built in 1872 in the area formerly a part of Ryotanji temple serves as the imperial grave for Prince... more travel advice
Written Apr 17, 2011
Shointei, Tea Ceremony House
Written Apr 17, 2011
Shointei, Tea Ceremony House 2
taigaa001's Related Pages
Hamamatsu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HAMAMATSU..the city of music"
- "Welcome to my home-town Hamamatsu city!"
- "Touring Hamamatsu and its Suburbs"
- "Hamamatsu - Typical Japan"
- "Hamamatsu, Japan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hamamatsu
- Hotels in Hamamatsu
- Transportation in Hamamatsu
- Nightlife in Hamamatsu
- Restaurants in Hamamatsu
- Shopping in Hamamatsu
- Warnings and Dangers in Hamamatsu
- See All...
Explore the World
- Veli Hotels
- Swallow Falls State Park Hotels
- Louisville Hotels
- La Línea de la Concepción
- Caticlan Hotels
- Hlavni Mesto Praha
- Germany Hotels
- De Panne
- Le Touquet-Paris-Plage
- Machu Picchu Hotels
Badges & Stats in Hamamatsu
- 30 Reviews
- 120 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Hamamatsu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hamamatsu
- Posted in Travel Japan Forum "Re: reservations in Japan"
- Commented on one of robertbaum's Hamamatsu travel pages
- Wrote a Review Popular Hiking Gear Shop in Japan in Hamamatsu Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "Popular Hiking Gear Shop in Japan"
- updated a Hamamatsu Travel Page "Touring Hamamatsu and its Suburbs"
- Uploaded a Video to Hamamatsu
Videos in HamamatsuSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 62 reviews, 259 photos, 5 travelogues
- Okabe Intro, 42 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shinjuku Intro, 47 reviews, 142 photos
- Hamakita Intro, 36 reviews, 137 photos
- Fujieda Intro, 31 reviews, 131 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 30 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fukuroi Intro, 33 reviews, 117 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toyokawa Intro, 35 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 32 reviews, 108 photos
- Meguro Intro, 30 reviews, 97 photos