Kanaya Off The Beaten Path Tips by taigaa001
Kanaya Off The Beaten Path: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Kanaya Slope: Tough Climb
It is the easiest of four hiking trails Kanaya Tourist Office recommends. It starts from Kanaya station, climbs Kanaya slope with cobble-stone pavement. Then the trail turns left going along the paved road passing through the tea plantation. Then you reach Ocha No Sato, the tea museum and garden, then you can have a clear view from Makinohara Park. After that the trail follows the narrow road and head for Shin Kanaya Station. After Shin Kanaya station you join the Tokaido Trail and then go back to JR Kanaya station. Ochazukushi Trail can be translated into English as "Green Tea Trail"
#Difficulty Level from E(Easy) to A(Professional, Expert)
From: JR Kanaya Station
To: JR Kanaya Station
Duration: 3 and a half hour
Difficulty Level: D It is indeed for beginner hikers until Ocha No Sato and Makinohara Park but after that it is difficult to follow. The only tough place, Kanaya Slope, is harder than you imagine. Secure footing required.
Features: Tokaido Kanaya Slope, Green Tea Plantation, Nice views, Ocha No Sato with nice museum and garden.
Caution: The trail after Makinohara Park is poorly directed and some trail route is gone because of zone planning. After Makinohara Park I strongly recommend that you go down the route 473 and go back to JR Kanaya station.
More Reviews (21)
- See All From Shizuoka Airport to Kanaya
- Hamaoka Nuclear Plant
- Can I visit both Ocha-no-Sato and Sayono...
- See All Kakegawa At Last!
taigaa001's Related Pages
Kanaya Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Kanaya
- Transportation in Kanaya
- Shopping in Kanaya
- Warnings and Dangers in Kanaya
- See All...
Explore the World
- Siquijor Island
- Piqeras Hotels
- Bodh Gaya
- Shelby Hotels
- Miramar Hotels
- Mokuleia Hotels
- Kiawah Island
- James River Plantations
- Boise Off The Beaten Path
- Ko Samui Off The Beaten Path
- Fort Bragg Off The Beaten Path
- Bologna Off The Beaten Path
- Cantone Ticino Off The Beaten Path
- Burma Off The Beaten Path
- Kevelaer Off The Beaten Path
- Fort Wayne Off The Beaten Path
- State of Jammu and Kashmir Off The Beaten Path
- Sequoia National Park Off The Beaten Path
- Cody Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Kanaya
- 22 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Kanaya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kanaya
- Posted in Travel Aichi-ken Forum "Re: area 51 and pacific blue club..."
- Wrote a Review From Shizuoka Airport to Kanaya in Kanaya Transportation
- updated a Kanaya Travel Page "Kanaya, Shimada and Old Tokaido Trail"
- Commented on one of cheesecake17's Kanaya travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Kanaya Slope"
Photos in KanayaSee All Photos (64)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 62 reviews, 259 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shinjuku Intro, 70 reviews, 198 photos
- Okabe Intro, 42 reviews, 160 photos
- Hamakita Intro, 36 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fujieda Intro, 34 reviews, 143 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fukuroi Intro, 34 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toyokawa Intro, 36 reviews, 115 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 30 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- Toyohashi Intro, 29 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue