"Kuwana and Nagashima Spa Resort" Kuwana by taigaa001
Kuwana Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 96 photos
Kuwana is best known by the forty-second lodging station of Tokaido Road, connected by the ferryboat ride from Miya(Atsuta), Nagoya. The ferry service from Atsuta is no longer available. So you need to change trains at Nagoya or via Nagashima Onsen to get there. Kuwana town has a castle ruin currently Kyuka Park and a merchant manshon house and garden, Rokkaen.
#Ferry ride from Miya(Atsuta) to Kuwana is run for special events four times a year between September and November.
Webblogs about Kuwana
Aki Meguri Old Tokaido Logbook
**Miya is currently Atsuta Shrine. From Miya to Kuwana was connected by 28-kilometer-long ferry, which is no longer in service. So he had to take train.
Youtubes on the Funatsuya, former Kuwana-juku Honjin
The Funatsuya--Introducing wedding site--(Japanese video)--
Rokkaen is known by the manshion designed by Josiah Conder and the view of the Japanese garden.
**Tadoyama and Tado Shrine
Tadoyama is a hill about 400 meters in elevation and is known by the great views. There are a number of Hiking trails to the mountain summit.
Nagashima Onsen is a popular onsen resort. Its biggest draw is the amusement park complex, Nagashima Spa Land. Adjacent to the amusement park complex is Mitsui Outlet Park, Jazzdream Nagashima. I went to Nagashima Resort complex by taking a bus from Kuwana. It's about 25 minutes from Kuwana station to Nagashima Onsen, but after getting off the bus I couldn't find the entrance because I had not been aware of the common entrance gate for Nagashima Spa Land complex and Jazzdream Nagashima. Jazzdream Nagashima is an outlet mall particularly of factory outlets of popular brands such as Levi's or Fukusuke. It will add more store and will become the largest outlet mall in Japan surpassing Gotemba Premium Outlet this September. I am not an avid shopper but the town atmosphere was great and enjoyed stage performance by kids dancing for the competition. Nagashima Spa Land is the huge amusement park, the archrival of Fujikyu Highland in northern flank of Mt. Fuji. While Fujikyu Highland is often referred to as the "Grand Champion of the East", Nagashima Spa land can claim the "Grand Champion of the West" title. They are competing against each other for the greatest roller coasters on earth.
Blogs, Webpages, and Youtube pages about Nagashima Spa Land
Nagashima Spa Land
Day Tripper: Nagashima Spa Land
Other popular places in former Nagashima town are:
Nabana No Sato
Kiso Sansen Park(Culture Village)
Nagashima Sports Land
Mt. Tado(Tadosan) is one of the popular hiking destinations for Nagoya residents. Just as Mt. Takao in Hachioji, Tokyo,... more travel advice
Near the Banryu Tower and Shichiri-No-Watachi site, you can recognize the former moat and stone walls of Kuwana castle.... more travel advice
taigaa001's Related Pages
Kuwana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nabana no Sato Illuminations"
- "Kuwana and Nagashima Spa Resort"
- "Awesome Kuwana"
- "My Japanese furosato (hometown)"
- "a typical japanese town"
- "My Kuwana"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuwana
- Hotels in Kuwana
- Transportation in Kuwana
- Nightlife in Kuwana
- Restaurants in Kuwana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuwana
- 32 Reviews
- 78 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Kuwana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuwana
- Posted in Travel Shinjuku Forum "Re: Shinjuku to Sangubashi (Meiji..."
- Commented on one of PRhymer's Kuwana travel pages
- Wrote a Review Mt. Tado(Tadosan) in Kuwana Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mt. Tado(Tadosan)"
- updated a Kuwana Travel Page "Kuwana and Nagashima Spa Resort"
- Uploaded a Video to Kuwana
Photos in KuwanaSee All Photos (78)
Videos in KuwanaSee All Videos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 62 reviews, 259 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shinjuku Intro, 75 reviews, 209 photos
- Okabe Intro, 42 reviews, 160 photos
- Fujieda Intro, 37 reviews, 149 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hamakita Intro, 36 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 39 reviews, 128 photos
- Fukuroi Intro, 34 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toyokawa Intro, 36 reviews, 115 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 30 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toyohashi Intro, 31 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue