"Miho Seacoast Finally a part of World Heritage!" Miho by taigaa001
Miho Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 128 photos
Miho Pine Grove finally became a part of newly arroved UNESCO World Heritage, Mount Fuji.... People in Shizuoka are really rejoiced. To retain the status Shizuoka Prefecture is trying hard to clean the beach, eliminate artificial objects being the eyesores for beautiful landscape. People in Miho has been trying hard to restore the beauty of Japan.
I went to Miho on July 3, 2010 in the midst of rainy season. The weather forecast says the it will be cloudy with occasional shower. I went there when there is shower. Good news is I enjoyed the walk through kamino-michi , pine arcade trail between miho pine grove to Miho Shrine. This religious pathway can be comparable to Dankazura pathway in Kamakura. And Vitex rotundifolia one of the common seashore plants in Pacific coast began to bloom. Bad news just when I went to the shore I encountered a thunder shower. And the Hagoromo pine is withering. It is not tachinically dead because there is younger shoots but it could hardly be the substitute for the older growth. I am sure the tourists are really disappointed. And in early July viewing Mt. Fuji is next to impossible. Despite the bad weather I enjoyed the short walk to the coast because of seashore plants.
I went to Miho coast again to see the sea false bindweed blooming around May to June. Miho coast is one of the few places where you can take a photo of false bindweed and Mt. Fuji in a single frame. When I went on May 14 the coast was gusty and the most of the morning glories are half open to withstand the strong wind. I walked from Miho Pine Grove promenade to Miho lighthouse close to the 500-meter-long airport. The bike road to Miho Lighthouse is also popular place for joggers.
Blogs about Miho Seacoast
Miho-no Matubara, the pine-tree woods along Miho Coast
Youtube clips about Miho
Landing In Miho
Take off From Miho
- Pros:Great Mt. Fuji Views
- Cons:Plan B in Bad Weather?
- In a nutshell:Finally a part of UNESCO World Heritage!
Japanese tourists often get to tour destinations by their private cars or join bus tours. Such automobile-dependent... more travel advice
Okitsu, best known as the seventeenth post station of Old Tokaido Road is only three kilometer away from Masaki area of... more travel advice
taigaa001's Related Pages
Miho Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ONE OF THE BEST SPOT TO TAKE A FOTO OF MT FUJI"
- "Miho Seacoast Finally a part of World Heritage!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Miho
- Hotels in Miho
- Transportation in Miho
- Restaurants in Miho
- Shopping in Miho
- Warnings and Dangers in Miho
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Miho
- 27 Reviews
- 104 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Miho?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Miho
- Posted in Travel Japan Forum "Re: Quaint Onsen Town 2-3 hours..."
- updated a Miho Travel Page "Miho Seacoast Finally a part of World Heritage!"
- Wrote a Review Chari-Sampo Go, For Car-free tour of Miho. in Miho Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Chari-Sampo Go, For Car-free tour of Miho."
- Commented on one of cheesecake17's Miho travel pages
- Uploaded a Video to Miho
Photos in MihoSee All Photos (104)
Videos in MihoSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 68 reviews, 282 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shinjuku Intro, 77 reviews, 213 photos
- Yokohama Intro, 67 reviews, 215 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 53 reviews, 194 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fujieda Intro, 50 reviews, 189 photos, 2 travelogues
- Okabe Intro, 42 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 42 reviews, 139 photos
- Hamakita Intro, 36 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toyokawa Intro, 38 reviews, 124 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fukuroi Intro, 34 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue