"Park and Garden City" Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya by taigaa001
Nagoya Travel Guide: 430 reviews and 1,179 photos
I went to Nagoya on September 22 to take a test on World Heritage. The test site happens to be located close to Tsuruma Park one of the oldest western styled parks in Japan opened in 1909. Tsuruma Park.was modeled after Hibiya Park, the first western styled park in Japan and Seiroku Honda who designed Hibiya Park joined the redesigning of the park as a councilor. The park was instrumental in propagating western styled city parks to major local cities in Japan. Just as Hibiya Park, Tsuruma Park has excellent mixture of western style rose garden and lawn area, Japanese garden. Its gazebo and the fountain have been regarded as historical properties.
I love the Botanical Garden area of Higashiyama Park but more often than not time has been running out and not much time left to explore this area. Even so visitors love this area with Gassho House moved from Shirakawa-Go, the World Heritage site in Gifu. When the old house was moved to this place more than a half century ago, Japanese people were chasing new things and pursuing wealthier life. Preserving history and environment was left to the backseat of their lives. Every autumn the festival has been held so that city dwellers can see what the country life and culture is like during the festival.
Next Nagoya Trip: November 17. Visiting Arimatsu Old Town in Midori-ku.
- Pros:Huge City, Lots of Greens
- Cons:A bit inert, conservative
- In a nutshell:A City Full of Greens
Meijo Park is a nice place to take Nagoya castle photos. The most popular view is Nagoya castle over the pond with... more travel advice
When you visit Inuyama Castle be sure to drop by some of the Shinto Shrines near the main keep of the castle. 1. Love... more travel advice
- See All Getting to Nagoya Castle 1
- How to Avoid Post-Honmaru-Palace...
- See All A Restaurant in Aichi Prefectural...
taigaa001's Related Pages
Nagoya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EXPO 2005"
- "Park and Garden City"
- "World Expo 2005"
- "Nagoya, Japan"
- "Yujiro's Nagoya Page"
- "Nagoya 2004"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nagoya
- Hotels in Nagoya
- Transportation in Nagoya
- Nightlife in Nagoya
- Restaurants in Nagoya
- Shopping in Nagoya
- Warnings and Dangers in Nagoya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nagoya
- 74 Reviews
- 303 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Nagoya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nagoya
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Hotel Discount Info?"
- Wrote a Review Viewing Nagoya Castle about Meijo Park in Nagoya Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Viewing Nagoya Castle"
- Commented on one of taigaa001's Nagoya tips
- updated a Nagoya Travel Page "Park and Garden City"
- Uploaded a Video to Nagoya
Photos in NagoyaSee All Photos (303)
Videos in NagoyaSee All Videos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Yokohama Intro, 122 reviews, 365 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 74 reviews, 303 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shinjuku Intro, 77 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 60 reviews, 215 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fujieda Intro, 50 reviews, 189 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 48 reviews, 160 photos
- Okabe Intro, 42 reviews, 160 photos
- Hamakita Intro, 36 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toyokawa Intro, 39 reviews, 127 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fukuroi Intro, 34 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue