"Park and Garden City" Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya by taigaa001
Nagoya Travel Guide: 447 reviews and 1,237 photos
Heiwa Park is a huge cemetery park about one kilometer north of Higashiyama Park with bountiful nature. When I lived in Nagoya about twenty-something ago, I often jog this park with a lot of slopes. From Heiwado given as a present from China you can have the mountain view. I had the luck to find Mount Ontake afar.
I love the Botanical Garden area of Higashiyama Park but more often than not time has been running out and not much time left to explore this area. Even so visitors love this area with Gassho House moved from Shirakawa-Go, the World Heritage site in Gifu. When the old house was moved to this place more than a half century ago, Japanese people were chasing new things and pursuing wealthier life. Preserving history and environment was left to the backseat of their lives. Every autumn the festival has been held so that city dwellers can see what the country life and culture is like during the festival.
Next Nagoya Trip: November 17. Visiting Arimatsu Old Town in Midori-ku.
- Pros:Huge City, Lots of Greens
- Cons:A bit inert, conservative
- In a nutshell:A City Full of Greens
When the main airport of Nagoya used to be in Komaki/Kasugai area, airplanes landing and leaving the airport flew about... more travel advice
Shonai Ryokuchi Koen Station (T-02) of Tsurumai Line is the subway station close to Shonai Ryokuchi Park (Shonai... more travel advice
- How to Avoid Post-Honmaru-Palace...
- See All A Restaurant in Aichi Prefectural...
- See All Food Stands Near the Entrance of Nagoya...
taigaa001's Related Pages
Nagoya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EXPO 2005"
- "Park and Garden City"
- "World Expo 2005"
- "Nagoya, Japan"
- "Yujiro's Nagoya Page"
- "Nagoya 2004"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nagoya
- Hotels in Nagoya
- Transportation in Nagoya
- Nightlife in Nagoya
- Restaurants in Nagoya
- Shopping in Nagoya
- Warnings and Dangers in Nagoya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nagoya
- 90 Reviews
- 357 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Nagoya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nagoya
Photos in NagoyaSee All Photos (357)
Videos in NagoyaSee All Videos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Yokohama Intro, 149 reviews, 467 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 90 reviews, 357 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 67 reviews, 236 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shinjuku Intro, 77 reviews, 214 photos
- Fujieda Intro, 50 reviews, 189 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 48 reviews, 160 photos
- Okabe Intro, 42 reviews, 160 photos
- Hamakita Intro, 36 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toyokawa Intro, 39 reviews, 127 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fukuroi Intro, 34 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue