"Park and Garden City" Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya by taigaa001

Nagoya Travel Guide: 447 reviews and 1,237 photos

Revisiting Heiwa Park

Heiwa Park is a huge cemetery park about one kilometer north of Higashiyama Park with bountiful nature. When I lived in Nagoya about twenty-something ago, I often jog this park with a lot of slopes. From Heiwado given as a present from China you can have the mountain view. I had the luck to find Mount Ontake afar.

Botanical Garden of Higashiyama Park

I love the Botanical Garden area of Higashiyama Park but more often than not time has been running out and not much time left to explore this area. Even so visitors love this area with Gassho House moved from Shirakawa-Go, the World Heritage site in Gifu. When the old house was moved to this place more than a half century ago, Japanese people were chasing new things and pursuing wealthier life. Preserving history and environment was left to the backseat of their lives. Every autumn the festival has been held so that city dwellers can see what the country life and culture is like during the festival.

Next Nagoya Trip: November 17. Visiting Arimatsu Old Town in Midori-ku.

Higashiyama Park and Zoo

• Pros:Huge City, Lots of Greens
  • Cons:A bit inert, conservative
  • In a nutshell:A City Full of Greens
  • Last visit to Nagoya: Mar 2016
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• Callis04's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2015 at 5:51 AM

Nice photos!

Feb 24, 2015 at 6:56 PM

Thanks. Although I no longer reside in Nagoya. I occasionally go there. The city still has a lot to explore.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Great page

• tomorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2012 at 9:17 PM

I enjoyed reading the update information about Nagoya. The only place I knew about Nagoya was Sakae and the central train station.

Nov 24, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Thanks for visiting. I will be visiting Nagoya again hopefully early next year.

• tropicrd's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Thanks for sharing such an interesting place,your tips are very honest,I would like to visit here one day.

• tropicrd's Profile Photo
      Oct 10, 2012 at 3:57 PM

It really is an interesting place and the airfares to Japan are often good value from Cairns,so I may get a trip in one day.

Oct 10, 2012 at 4:39 PM

True, Nagoya(Centrair, Tokoname) and Cairns are connected with air flight every day from 8 p.m. from Nagoya. I hope to go to Cairns someday.

• Rabbityama's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Interesting tips! I went to Nagoya over the weekend. It was nice! I agree that its bad reputation is undeserved!

• salisbury3933's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Nice Nagoya page. People seem to write it off as not worth visiting, but I would disagree with that.

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2012 at 4:45 AM

Been through Nagoya on the train from Tokyo to Kobe but did not explore this city yet. It seems interesting from your reviews and lovely photos. Irene

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2011 at 3:18 PM

I love this garden! So peaceful, I can imagine spending time in here, just sitting and reading a book. Nice page!

taigaa001 Visits Here Frequently!

taigaa001