"Park and Garden City" Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya by taigaa001
Nagoya Travel Guide: 406 reviews and 1,091 photos
I went to Nagoya on September 22 to take a test on World Heritage. The test site happens to be located close to Tsuruma Park one of the oldest western styled parks in Japan opened in 1909. Tsuruma Park.was modeled after Hibiya Park, the first western styled park in Japan and Seiroku Honda who designed Hibiya Park joined the redesigning of the park as a councilor. The park was instrumental in propagating western styled city parks to major local cities in Japan. Just as Hibiya Park, Tsuruma Park has excellent mixture of western style rose garden and lawn area, Japanese garden. Its gazebo and the fountain have been regarded as historical properties.
I love the Botanical Garden area of Higashiyama Park but more often than not time has been running out and not much time left to explore this area. Even so visitors love this area with Gassho House moved from Shirakawa-Go, the World Heritage site in Gifu. When the old house was moved to this place more than a half century ago, Japanese people were chasing new things and pursuing wealthier life. Preserving history and environment was left to the backseat of their lives. Every autumn the festival has been held so that city dwellers can see what the country life and culture is like during the festival.
Next Nagoya Trip: November 17. Visiting Arimatsu Old Town in Midori-ku.
- Pros:Huge City, Lots of Greens
- Cons:A bit inert, conservative
- In a nutshell:A City Full of Greens
There are two ways to get to Nagoya castle. One way is to use Me~Guru, the sightseeing bus service to major destinations... more travel advice
The year 2013 will see another get-together of world tourists to Nagoya probably since 2005 when the Expo was held. It... more travel advice
taigaa001's Related Pages
Nagoya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EXPO 2005"
- "Park and Garden City"
- "World Expo 2005"
- "Nagoya, Japan"
- "Yujiro's Nagoya Page"
- "Nagoya 2004"
- "flyingkiwi's new Nagoya Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nagoya
- Hotels in Nagoya
- Transportation in Nagoya
- Nightlife in Nagoya
- Restaurants in Nagoya
- Shopping in Nagoya
- Warnings and Dangers in Nagoya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nagoya
- 62 Reviews
- 260 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Nagoya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nagoya
Photos in NagoyaSee All Photos (260)
Videos in NagoyaSee All Videos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 62 reviews, 260 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shinjuku Intro, 76 reviews, 211 photos
- Fujieda Intro, 43 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Okabe Intro, 42 reviews, 160 photos
- Hamakita Intro, 36 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 39 reviews, 128 photos
- Toyokawa Intro, 38 reviews, 124 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fukuroi Intro, 34 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 30 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toyohashi Intro, 31 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue