"Okazaki, November, 2011" Okazaki by taigaa001
Okazaki Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 80 photos
Higashi Park as of November 27 was not yet fully red. To get to the park I walked from Okazaki Park to trace all twenty-seven turns which is one of the hardest for modern Tokaido Hikers. With brandnew wooden roadsigns this challenge could be accomplished much easier. I didn't have so much time for the park because right after I reached the park I started walking along Doune Okan, an old highway. As the modern pavement on the old highway is about to end, I found a pond with beautiful mirror reflection. Back to Higashi Park I enjoyed some strolls in the park and a small zoo.
Next Okazaki Visit: Tokaido and Okazaki World Children's Art Museum, January or February, 2012
One of the popular features of Okazaki Park is Karakuri Dokei, which is referred to as "automaton", "noh-clock" or "mechanical puppet". This clock opens twice an hour and performs a noh play of automaton with appearance of Iyeyasu puppet wearing noh mask. Iyeyasu puppet recites one of his famous quotes: "The human life is like climbing a steep slope with heavy load."
Otemon is the main gate of the castle. This gate has often been written with two different kanjis. One meaning "Large Gate" the other "Drive-Away-Enemy" Gate. Whichever Kanjis are used, the purpose of the gate is the same. It is the gate which should not be broken. Last time I went there in 1989 there never was the gate as this gate was reconstructed in 1993.
- Pros:Lots of Nice Historical Sites
- Cons:Little is known to outsiders except the castle
- In a nutshell:Competing against Toyota for #2 Aichi City
When Iyeyasu Tokugawa, the first shogun of Edo Government established Tokaido Road with fifty three lodging stations in... more travel advice
Fujikawa-shuku is the thirty-seventh post station of Old Tokaido Road, located in the eastern edge of Okazaki city.... more travel advice
taigaa001's Related Pages
Okazaki Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Okazaki, November, 2011"
- "Birthplace of Tokugawa Ieyasu"
- "My Home City"
- "Stranger in a Strange Land"
- "My 3 mounths in japan"
- "Ongaku-mura, Big Maria & Sky Mail with Kami"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Okazaki
- 14 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Okazaki?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Okazaki
- Wrote a Review Rows of Pines at Fujikawa in Okazaki Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Rows of Pines at Fujikawa"
- Commented on one of taigaa001's Okazaki videos
- Posted in Travel Iwo Jima Forum "Re: Imo Jima visit"
- Uploaded a Video to Okazaki
- updated a Okazaki Travel Page "Okazaki, November, 2011"
Photos in OkazakiSee All Photos (62)
Videos in OkazakiSee All Videos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 62 reviews, 259 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shinjuku Intro, 70 reviews, 198 photos
- Okabe Intro, 42 reviews, 160 photos
- Hamakita Intro, 36 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fujieda Intro, 34 reviews, 143 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fukuroi Intro, 34 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toyokawa Intro, 36 reviews, 115 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 30 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- Toyohashi Intro, 29 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue