"Newer Tokyo" Top 5 Page for this destination Shinjuku by taigaa001
Shinjuku Travel Guide: 115 reviews and 330 photos
When I was young, Tokyo meant Shinjuku and Shinjuku meant Skyscrapers. TV dramas often brought us to west side of Shinjuku Station when there were still vacant spaces for future skyscrapers. When I grew older Shinjuku became the gateway to Tokyo. Whenever I go to Tokyo to join summer session for College Entrance Exams I used Odakyu Line from Odawara and Shinjuku is the last stop. Then I took Yamanote Loop to Shibuya, Ikebukuro and Takadanobaba where Waseda University is located. To me east side of Shinjuku Station meant Kinokuniya Book Store where I bought English-laguage books. I occasionally went to Shinjuku Gyoen Garden. So most of the places I went on this trip in late March are new to me. On April 5th I went to Shinjuku again. This time I explored wetern part of Shinjuku best known by skyscrapers such as Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building. In fact Shinjuku has so many skyscrapers I got tired just taking photos of major buildings to identify all of them. I got bumped into twice and fell down while taking photos. When you take photos just be extra careful.
Walking In and Around Shinjuku Gyoen
This is the second time I visited this garden. The last time I visited the garden Japanese Garden areas were a bit ruined and missed Taiwan Pavillion. When I visited this garden again I was glad to find that the garden was tidied up and Japanese garden areas were neatly managed. And I enjoyed the brand-new Greenhouse. Partcularly I enjoyed the views of the Cherry petals fall on pond of the Japanese garden which was just like Hiroshige's woodblock print on Arashiyama.
Photos and Videos on Shinjuku
High quality photos and videos. Truly worth a lot.
Major websites and blogs on Shinjuku
Time Out of Tokyo: Tag: Shinjuku
Map of Shinjuku: Understanding Shinjuku in 90 Seconds
Nice page for starters.
NEXT SHINJUKU VISIT: Special Report: Kagurazaka, late July to August
Second photo is viewing up the interior part of Shinjuku Sumitomo Building which is nicknamed as Triangle Building.
Yoyogi Tip: Redevelopment of Shinjuku area has recently expanded southward and at Yoyogi located between Shinjuku and... more travel advice
Yotsuya station is located near the border between Chiyoda and Shinjuku wards. It is the closest station to get to... more travel advice
taigaa001's Related Pages
Shinjuku Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where the neon lights are pretty..."
- "Shinjuku & Ginza - Famous Places in Tokyo"
- "Newer Tokyo"
- "Tokyo's Shinjuku"
- "The pulse of Tokyo"
- "Skyscrapers everywhere"
- "Shinjuku - Tokyo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shinjuku
- Hotels in Shinjuku
- Transportation in Shinjuku
- Nightlife in Shinjuku
- Restaurants in Shinjuku
- Shopping in Shinjuku
- Warnings and Dangers in Shinjuku
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shinjuku
- 77 Reviews
- 213 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Shinjuku?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shinjuku
- Posted in Travel Japan Forum "Re: Quaint Onsen Town 2-3 hours..."
- Commented on one of robertbaum's Shinjuku travel pages
- Wrote a Review Kita Sando (North Approarch) about Yoyogi in Shinjuku Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Gettng Information of Local Areas of Japan"
- Uploaded a Video to Shinjuku
- updated a Shinjuku Travel Page "Newer Tokyo"
- Commented on the Shinjuku travel guide
Photos in ShinjukuSee All Photos (213)
Videos in ShinjukuSee All Videos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 68 reviews, 282 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shinjuku Intro, 77 reviews, 213 photos
- Yokohama Intro, 66 reviews, 214 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 53 reviews, 194 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fujieda Intro, 50 reviews, 189 photos, 2 travelogues
- Okabe Intro, 42 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 42 reviews, 139 photos
- Hamakita Intro, 36 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toyokawa Intro, 38 reviews, 124 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fukuroi Intro, 34 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue