"Newer Tokyo" Top 5 Page for this destination Shinjuku by taigaa001

Shinjuku Travel Guide: 110 reviews and 320 photos

Tokyo Metropotalian Government Building
West Shinjuku Skyscrapers

When I was young, Tokyo meant Shinjuku and Shinjuku meant Skyscrapers. TV dramas often brought us to west side of Shinjuku Station when there were still vacant spaces for future skyscrapers. When I grew older Shinjuku became the gateway to Tokyo. Whenever I go to Tokyo to join summer session for College Entrance Exams I used Odakyu Line from Odawara and Shinjuku is the last stop. Then I took Yamanote Loop to Shibuya, Ikebukuro and Takadanobaba where Waseda University is located. To me east side of Shinjuku Station meant Kinokuniya Book Store where I bought English-laguage books. I occasionally went to Shinjuku Gyoen Garden. So most of the places I went on this trip in late March are new to me. On April 5th I went to Shinjuku again. This time I explored wetern part of Shinjuku best known by skyscrapers such as Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building. In fact Shinjuku has so many skyscrapers I got tired just taking photos of major buildings to identify all of them. I got bumped into twice and fell down while taking photos. When you take photos just be extra careful.

Walking In and Around Shinjuku Gyoen
This is the second time I visited this garden. The last time I visited the garden Japanese Garden areas were a bit ruined and missed Taiwan Pavillion. When I visited this garden again I was glad to find that the garden was tidied up and Japanese garden areas were neatly managed. And I enjoyed the brand-new Greenhouse. Partcularly I enjoyed the views of the Cherry petals fall on pond of the Japanese garden which was just like Hiroshige's woodblock print on Arashiyama.

Photos and Videos on Shinjuku
GettyImages: Shinjuku
High quality photos and videos. Truly worth a lot.
Major websites and blogs on Shinjuku
Time Out of Tokyo: Tag: Shinjuku
Map of Shinjuku: Understanding Shinjuku in 90 Seconds
Nice page for starters.

NEXT SHINJUKU VISIT: Special Report: Kagurazaka, late July to August

Triangle Building

Second photo is viewing up the interior part of Shinjuku Sumitomo Building which is nicknamed as Triangle Building.

• Last visit to Shinjuku: Apr 2013
  • Intro Updated Jul 8, 2013

taigaa001 Visits Here Frequently!

taigaa001

“Life is a highway”

Badges & Stats in Shinjuku

Have you been to Shinjuku?

Latest Activity in Shinjuku