"Touring Toyohashi" Toyohashi by taigaa001
Toyohashi Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 120 photos
Toyohashi has some nice parks but Takashi Ryokuchi Park seems to be one of the most popular ones. It is a huge park with nice pine woods. The park also has four playgrounds for children with playsets and a horseback riding club. The park is also home to joggers, pet owners, as well as families with children. It is also a site to see the cherry blossoms and autumn leaves. The park is divided with East Area and West Area. Railway line and route 259 slash this huge park area. It is not easy to move from one part to the other because you will have to cross the railway line and a busy broad road and there are no overpasses linking the two areas. Usually there is no need to go to the west area because East Area alone has a lot to enjoy. It is during cherry season when you will have to move to the west area.
Toyohashi is one of my favorite cities in Aichi Prefecture. It is one of the few Japanese cities where the tramcar runs. It is also a port city where Toyota cars go onboard the ship to various destinations. History fans will love Futagawa area one of the Tokaido lodging stations.
Also see Futagawa travel page.
On Saturday 11th of September I went to Toyohashi Zoo and Botanical Park commonly called Non-Hoi Park. It took more than one hour longer than I expected totalling four hours! Animals in the zoo seemed beaten by recent hot days.
Video Clips On Toyohashi
One of the biggest and richest tidal flats in Japan well known by environmentally-minded people in Japan and around the world.
Mikawa Port, Kamomeira: the viewing place for the port where automobiles are shipped.
Kosai Alps Hike from Mt. Ishimakisan
Himekaido, an alternate highway, passing Honsaka Pass
Imo Swamp: Smaller version of Oze wetland.
Omotehama Beach: Loggerhead Sea Turtles' Hatching Area
Futagawa-shuku: A Tokaido Lodging Station
Webpages about Shiokawa Higata
The Photo of Shiokawa Higata
500 Important Wetlands in Japan: 246 Mikawa-wan
- Pros:City with history and Nature
- Cons:Sandwiched between Hamamatsu and Nagoya, not well known
- In a nutshell:Having both Industrial and Natural Features
Sugoroku is one of the traditional Japanese board game using dice or dices. It is just like Monopoly game but the... more travel advice
Toyohashi seems to have some good places to run. Takashi Ryokuchi Park in particular seems to be popular among joggers.... more travel advice
taigaa001's Related Pages
Toyohashi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Touring Toyohashi"
- "Palmesian's Toyohashi Page"
- "huesten's new Toyohashi page"
- "Living in Japan"
- "Toyohashi - car export-import city"
- "My Toyohashi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Toyohashi
- Hotels in Toyohashi
- Transportation in Toyohashi
- Restaurants in Toyohashi
- Shopping in Toyohashi
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Toyohashi
- 29 Reviews
- 103 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Toyohashi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Toyohashi
- Posted in Travel Iwo Jima Forum "Re: Imo Jima visit"
- Wrote a Review How to Play Tokaido Fujimi Sugoroku? in Toyohashi Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "How to Play Tokaido Fujimi Sugoroku?"
- Commented on one of robertbaum's Toyohashi travel pages
- Uploaded a Video to Toyohashi
- updated a Toyohashi Travel Page "Touring Toyohashi"
Photos in ToyohashiSee All Photos (103)
Videos in ToyohashiSee All Videos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 62 reviews, 259 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shinjuku Intro, 70 reviews, 198 photos
- Okabe Intro, 42 reviews, 160 photos
- Hamakita Intro, 36 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fujieda Intro, 34 reviews, 143 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fukuroi Intro, 34 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toyokawa Intro, 36 reviews, 115 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 30 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- Toyohashi Intro, 29 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue