"Yui" Yui by taigaa001
Yui Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 43 photos
Okitsu, Yui and Kambara are some of the most popular Tokaido stations because these areas still retain the traditional Japanese landscape. Yui is best known by Tokaido Hiroshige Art Museum which is one of the four museums in Japan dedicated to the exhibitions of Hiroshige's work. Other museums of Hiroshige works are in Tendo, Yamagata, Ena, Gifu and Nakagawa-machi, Tochigi. These four museums have close ties with each other and you may see the collections of the other Hiroshige museums in Japan there as well.
Next Yui Trip: Early next year. Climbing Mount Hamaishi From Yui station.
Mt. Hamaishi is 707 meters in elevation and one of the typical mountains for the dummies just as Mt. Takao in Hachioji, Tokyo. But the good thing about this course from Yui station is unlike Mt. Takao you can climb with your own feet from zero meters in elavation up to 700 meters. And the view from the mountain, particularly of Mt. Fuji is excellent.
Satta Pass used to be one of the hardest place for travellers. There were even some battles around the pass. It is best known by Hiroshige's Woodblock "ukiyo-e" prints of Tokaido series, YUI. Hiroshige picked many of Yui scenes for Satta Pass landscape.
Other names: Satta Pass, Satta-toge Satta-toge Pass is the narrow passage of Tokaido Road between Yui and Okitsu. It has... more travel advice
taigaa001's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Yui
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Yui?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yui
Photos in YuiSee All Photos (10)
Videos in YuiSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 67 reviews, 278 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shinjuku Intro, 77 reviews, 213 photos
- Fujieda Intro, 50 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Okabe Intro, 42 reviews, 160 photos
- Hamakita Intro, 36 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 39 reviews, 128 photos
- Toyokawa Intro, 38 reviews, 124 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fukuroi Intro, 34 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 30 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toyohashi Intro, 31 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue