"Nihonbashi, Yaesu, Ginza, Tsukiji and more..." Chuo by taigaa001
Chuo Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 10 photos
Chuo-ku is the ward located east of Tokyo Station. When you get off at Tokyo Station Yaesu Gate then it is Chuo-ku. The most notable landmark in that ward is Bank of Japan head office. And Nihonbashi best known as the start of Old Tokaido Road is located nearby. Other notable touring spots include Ginza, Tsukiji, Ningyocho, Tsukishima and a part of Odaiba complex and Hamarikyu Garden.
**Webpages about Chuo-ku
Chuo City Tourist Association...Introducing Nihonbashi, Tsukiji, Ningyocho, Ginza and Tsukishima of Tokyo.
Next Chuo visit: Possibly around January next year: Tokyo Station...Nihonbashi Bridge, Currency Museum and if possible Yaesu underground mall.
Nihonbashi is best known as the former start of Old Tokaido Road. Today the most notable landmark of Nihonbashi is The Bank of Japan Head Office. The central bank has a nice museum called Currency Museum.
Mitsukoshi is one of the oldest shops in Japan founded in 1673. When it was founded it mainly sold kimono rolls. The clothes retail store developed into one of the largest conglomerates in Japan, Mitsui Group. Current shop name Mitsukoshi has been used since 1904 combining kanjis of original store name "Echigoya" and "Mitsui" Conglomerate. Faced with low-priced chains such as UNIQLO and a number of discount chains the store seeks to survive by targeting upscale consumers.
Nihonbashi Exit of Tokyo Station is the least known Exit gate of Tokyo station located at the northernmost part of the... more travel advice
taigaa001's Related Pages
Chuo Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Chuo
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Chuo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chuo
Photos in ChuoSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 62 reviews, 259 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shinjuku Intro, 70 reviews, 198 photos
- Okabe Intro, 42 reviews, 160 photos
- Hamakita Intro, 36 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fujieda Intro, 34 reviews, 143 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fukuroi Intro, 34 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toyokawa Intro, 36 reviews, 115 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 30 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 34 reviews, 115 photos
- Toyohashi Intro, 29 reviews, 103 photos, 1 travelogue