"Nihonbashi, Yaesu, Ginza, Tsukiji and more..." Chuo by taigaa001
Chuo Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 21 photos
Chuo-ku is the ward located east of Tokyo Station. When you get off at Tokyo Station Yaesu Gate then it is Chuo-ku. The most notable landmark in that ward is Bank of Japan head office. And Nihonbashi best known as the start of Old Tokaido Road is located nearby. Other notable touring spots include Ginza, Tsukiji, Ningyocho, Tsukishima and a part of Odaiba complex and Hamarikyu Garden.
**Webpages about Chuo-ku
Chuo City Tourist Association...Introducing Nihonbashi, Tsukiji, Ningyocho, Ginza and Tsukishima of Tokyo.
Tabiness Japan Article on hot spot in Nihonbashi ...Introducing some food & dining shops at newly opened Coredo Muromachi 2.
Next Chuo visit: Possibly visiting Hamarikyu Garden.
Nihonbashi is best known as the former start of Old Tokaido Road. Today the most notable landmark of Nihonbashi is The Bank of Japan Head Office. The central bank has a nice museum called Currency Museum.
Mitsukoshi is one of the oldest shops in Japan founded in 1673. When it was founded it mainly sold kimono rolls. The clothes retail store developed into one of the largest conglomerates in Japan, Mitsui Group. Current shop name Mitsukoshi has been used since 1904 combining kanjis of original store name "Echigoya" and "Mitsui" Conglomerate. Faced with low-priced chains such as UNIQLO and a number of discount chains the store seeks to survive by targeting upscale consumers.
Mitsukoshimae station(Hanzomon Line) right under the Mitsukoshi complex is truly convenient station if you often use... more travel advice
Mihonbashi Mitsui Tower opened in 2005 is the highest building in Nihombashi district, 195m, 39-floor, which also houses... more travel advice
taigaa001's Related Pages
Chuo Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Chuo
- 13 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Chuo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chuo
- Posted in Travel Sapporo Forum "Re: Autumn foliage"
- Wrote a Review Another Oiwa Shrine in Chuo Off The Beaten Path
- updated a Chuo Travel Page "Nihonbashi, Yaesu, Ginza, Tsukiji and more..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Nihonbashi: Mile Zero Point of Tokaido"
- Commented on one of taigaa001's Chuo travel pages
Photos in ChuoSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 68 reviews, 282 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yokohama Intro, 77 reviews, 249 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shinjuku Intro, 77 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 58 reviews, 210 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fujieda Intro, 50 reviews, 189 photos, 2 travelogues
- Okabe Intro, 42 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 45 reviews, 150 photos
- Hamakita Intro, 36 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toyokawa Intro, 38 reviews, 124 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fukuroi Intro, 34 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue