"Meguro, Ebisu, Jiyugaoka,Daikanyama, Naka-Meguro" Meguro by taigaa001
Meguro Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 97 photos
Japan's Top 100 Destinations 2012
After getting out from the Meguro station what you may see is a typical view of mid-sized downtown area. Around Meguro station there are some ethnic restaurants. Unlike other areas of Tokyo, there aren't so many people around and most of them seem to be local residents who live in condos around the station. To some people, however, Meguro area is worth exploring because it has some nice parks, historical sites both on west and east side of the station. Up north from the Meguro station is Ebisu station around which has a number of popular attractions such as Ebisu Garden Place and Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography which is walking distance from Meguro station as well.
Recommended Web Pages of Meguro
Exploring Tokyo: Meguro
Next Meguro Trip: Early next year
Jiyugaoka and Kuhonbutsu area: combination of both areas will make your trip worthwhile.
JR Meguro station, one of the Yamanote Loop stations, is popular among Tokyo walkers as a start for visiting gardens, and historical sites. Popular places of visit from East Exit of JR Meguro station include:
SHIZEN-KYOIKU-EN(Institute of Nature Study): 10 minutes walk from the station.
TOKYO METROPOLITAN TEIEN ART MUSEUM: 10 minutes walk from the station.
(Currently closed for renovation)
IKEDAYAMA PARK: 10 minutes walk from Shizen Kyoiku-en.
HAPPOEN: 40 minutes walk from Shizen Kyoiku-en.
IMBRIE PAVILION: 10 minutes from Happo-en.
SENGAKUJI TEMPLE (Known by 47 Ronins story) 30 minutes from Imbrie Pavillion
Walking tour route A: JR Meguro station...1 Shizen Kyoiku-en(and Tokyo Metropolitan Teien Art Museum) 2 Ikedayama Park 3 Happoen 4 Imbrie Pavillion 5 Sengakuji temple...Nanboku Line Shirokane-Takawa station.
Popular places starting from West Exit of Meguro station include Meguro Parasitological Museum, Meguro Fudoson (Ryusenji Temple) and Rinshi No Mori Park.
Webpages about Meguro and its neighboring areas
**Meguro Parasitological Museum
Atlas Obscura: Meguro Parasitological Museum
**Shizen Kyoiku-En(Institute of Nature Study)
Meguro Shizen Kyoikuen(Neguro Nature Study Park)
Although it is close to Meguro station the park belongs to Minato-ku.
**Meguro Fudo (Ryusenji Temple)
Japan Hooper: Meguro Fudo
**Rinshi No Mori Park
Japan Family Guide: Rinshi No Mori Park
Ebisu, Daikanyama, Nakameguro, and Jiyugaoka
There are some trendsetting towns close to Meguro station. I will visit there sometime soon.
After crossing the overpass you will find a road leading to the bridge of Meguro River. After crossing the river you... more travel advice
Tendai-sect temple built in early 17th century by Taikai Houin, also revered ascetic trained in Haguro Mountains known... more travel advice
taigaa001's Related Pages
Meguro Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Meguro
- 30 Reviews
- 97 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Meguro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Meguro
- Posted in Travel Japan Forum "Re: reservations in Japan"
- Wrote a Review From Gohyaku Rakanji Temple to Daienji Temple 2 in Meguro Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "From Gohyaku Rakanji Temple to Daienji Temple 2"
- updated a Meguro Travel Page "Meguro, Ebisu, Jiyugaoka,Daikanyama, Naka-Meguro"
- Uploaded a Video to Meguro
Photos in MeguroSee All Photos (97)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 62 reviews, 259 photos, 5 travelogues
- Okabe Intro, 42 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shinjuku Intro, 47 reviews, 142 photos
- Hamakita Intro, 36 reviews, 137 photos
- Fujieda Intro, 31 reviews, 131 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 30 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fukuroi Intro, 33 reviews, 117 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toyokawa Intro, 35 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 32 reviews, 108 photos
- Meguro Intro, 30 reviews, 97 photos