"Temple of the Sleeping Buddha" Kamphaeng Phet by Svitata
Kamphaeng Phet Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 184 photos
This is the reason why I made a day trip to this town. I had wanted to see the sleeping Buddha...with a smile!
The temple grounds are in shambles, however, the Buddha statues seemed to be pretty well preserved.
Unfortunately, I forgot the name of this temple...
This statue in found in another ruined temple ground. Quite well preserved except for the arm...
It is not necessary to stay overnight here as it is only a very small town and only a handful of sights to see. Worth a visit as a day trip. However, I was told that public transport into this town is very scarce and irregular, so it may be a good idea to rent a car and guide, or go there by motorbike.
Svitata's Related Pages
Kamphaeng Phet Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kamphaeng Phet"
- "Kamphaeng Phet - Ruins that are overlooked"
- "Temple of the Sleeping Buddha"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kamphaeng Phet
- Hotels in Kamphaeng Phet
- Transportation in Kamphaeng Phet
- Nightlife in Kamphaeng Phet
- Warnings and Dangers in Kamphaeng Phet
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kamphaeng Phet
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kamphaeng Phet?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kamphaeng Phet
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 32 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lombok Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ronda Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Madrid Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brunei Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krabi Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos