"Bulgaria (once more)" Bulgaria by eriste
Bulgaria Travel Guide: 6,160 reviews and 17,954 photos
Bulgaria third time at June-July 2003
Twice before I was in Sofia during communism time 1988 and 1989 do to my work.
Now this time I had one week round tour with a finnsh tourist group.
It's quit a different country. All gloom and grey belonging to communism is gone.
Everything is available at shops.
In communism people had money but you could buy nothing with it. In capitalism you can buy anything you want but you maybe don't have the money for it.
Some symbolism - monument from communism time becoming a ruin surrounded by modern Sofia.
If you come from an expensive country like Finland Bulgaria is really cheap.
eriste's Related Pages
Bulgaria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bulgaria: Europe's best kept secret"
- "WE DID IT !!!!"
- "BULGARIA - THE LAND OF ROSES"
- "Bulgaria-little bit of this, little bit of that"
- "Welcome to beautiful Bulgaria!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bulgaria
- Hotels in Bulgaria
- Transportation in Bulgaria
- Nightlife in Bulgaria
- Restaurants in Bulgaria
- Shopping in Bulgaria
- Warnings and Dangers in Bulgaria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bulgaria
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Bulgaria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bulgaria
Top 10 Pages
- Helsinki Intro, 12 reviews, 6 photos
- North Korea Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bhutan Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Zealand Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Bulgaria Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Edinburgh 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Bangladesh Intro, 3 photos
- Saki Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Finland Intro, 2 reviews
- Azerbaijan Intro, 2 reviews
No friends yet.