"Visiting Tuguegarao" Top 5 Page for this destination Tuguegarao City by miguel_arcangel
Tuguegarao City Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 136 photos
My version of "Lakbay Norte" has started and I chose Tuguegarao for the reason that it is indeed in the northern part of Luzon. Prepare yourself though for a long bus ride of 12-13 hours from Manila. It is advisable to visit Tuguegarao on dry season, summer time in the Philippines can really be hot and exhausting in this part of Luzon Island that reaches 42 degree centigrade.
Plan your visit to the famous Callao Cave in Penablanca (pronounced cal-lao), the best known tourist attractions of the province, about 40 minutes from the town proper via hired tricycle at 250 pesos one way (you can also checkout the banca ride going to the cave). I asked a lot of people from the market on how to reach Callao Cave by banca, but everyone spoke of different directions, so my option 2 is to hire a tricycle and make him wait or end up walking 10 kilometers. LOL. Going back to the town proper, you will see the red bricked Metropolitan Cathedral, ask your "tricy" to drop you there. The city proper is just right there, you just need to have a little walk. There is also another cave where you needed a guide if you got plenty of time, you have the option to visit and try.
They got another local dialect aside from Ilocano and I forgot to ask what is it called.
Walking along, i never found a souvenir shop, the souvenir shop located in Callao Cave offered usual stuff and nothing really special.
It was my first time to spot a sleeper bus, Florida Bus Lines got one, a double-decker-bed-bus servicing Sampaloc in Manila to Tuguegarao and vice versa, just check the schedule, it's usually a night trip.
Inns and Lodges are everywhere in the City, in less than a thousand bucks and at the low price of 400 you'll find one, they are near Dalin Bus Station and Victory Bus Station.
Pancit Batil Patung and Pancit Cabagan are a must taste in this region.
Tuguegarao City has small airport servicing Manila, Batanes, Baguio and Laoag. Also, if you wish to go on a roadtrip again going to Ilocos, you can hop on to GMW buses located near the Florida Bus Station. Buses to Aparri can also be found along the hiway and also to Sta. Ana where adventurous people go bound to Palaui. (Aparri, known to be Luzon Island's northern tip, accessible by land transportation, but not as I saw from this map wikimapia.org/#lat=20.3510649&lon=121.6708374&z=10&l=0&m=b)
Bus Schedules from Tuguegarao going to Ilocos Region (via GMW Buses) and Metro Manila (via Florida Bus & Victory... more travel advice
Callao Cave in Penablanca is a 7 chamber cave and is the the best known tourist attractions of the province, about 40... more travel advice
miguel_arcangel's Related Pages
Tuguegarao City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rough Rivers for Wild Rides"
- "Visiting Tuguegarao"
- "Tuguegarao City Landmarks"
- "Tuguegarao City, Province of Cagayan"
- "TUGUEGARAO CITY"
- "Tongue-twisting Tuguegarao"
- "Road trip galore"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tuguegarao City
- Hotels in Tuguegarao City
- Transportation in Tuguegarao City
- Restaurants in Tuguegarao City
- Shopping in Tuguegarao City
- Warnings and Dangers in Tuguegarao City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tuguegarao City
- 4 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Tuguegarao City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tuguegarao City
Photos in Tuguegarao CitySee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Rosa Intro, 12 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Iloilo Intro, 10 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guimaras Island Intro, 6 reviews, 47 photos
- Province of Palawan Intro, 9 reviews, 42 photos
- Baler Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos
- Province of Tarlac Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Claveria Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos
- Province of Ifugao Intro, 3 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tuguegarao City Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos
- City of Manila Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos