"Shillong - 'Halfway To Heaven'" Shillong by anilpradhanshillong
Shillong Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 309 photos
Perched atop a plateau, Meghalaya is blessed with the widest range of scenic beauty imaginable. From the misty heights of Shillong peak (1965 mtrs) to the verdant low-lands of Garo Hills, this ‘Abode of the Clouds’, is easily an exciting all-season tourist destination. With dazzling vistas, intriguing caves, sacred groves and over 300 varieties of orchids, Meghalaya is a tourist delight where even the monsoons provide the exhilarating experience of being in the rainiest place in the world - Cherrapunjee. Nokrek peak in Garo Hills is 1412 mtrs high and is considered as a national biosphere. The capital of this unique nature-blessed state, Shillong, derives its name from ‘U Blei Shyllong’, the presiding deity of Shillong peak. Totally air-conditioned by nature, Shillong is truly a destination that is ‘Halfway to Heaven’.
While in Shillong, a trip to the Iewduh (Bara Bazaar) or Big Market is a must. Be forewarned though. The alleys are... more travel advice
Before India’s Independence, on May 24, 1918, the first Buddhist Temple in the entire North East was established as a... more travel advice
anilpradhanshillong's Related Pages
Shillong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shillong - 'Halfway To Heaven'"
- "Meghalaya,The Abode of Clouds & North East Culture"
- "Shillong - The Scotland of the East"
- "Shillong, State of Meghalaya"
- "Scotland of the East"
- "A Hill Station in the North East Corner of India"
- "Shillong- The Scotland of East"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shillong
- Hotels in Shillong
- Transportation in Shillong
- Nightlife in Shillong
- Restaurants in Shillong
- Shopping in Shillong
- Warnings and Dangers in Shillong
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shillong
- 35 Reviews
- 105 Photos
- 24 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Shillong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shillong
- Posted in Travel Kolkata (Calcutta) Forum "Re: veg restaurants"
- Commented on one of anilpradhanshillong's Shillong travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Iewduh - The Khasi All-Women Market"
- Wrote a Review Iewduh - The Khasi All-Women Market in Shillong Shopping
- created a Shillong Travelogue "Road Map of North-East"
- Uploaded a Video to Shillong
Photos in ShillongSee All Photos (105)
Videos in ShillongSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 51 reviews, 217 photos
- Hampi Intro, 36 reviews, 191 photos, 5 travelogues
- Shillong Intro, 35 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lucknow Intro, 16 reviews, 115 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udagamandalam Intro, 18 reviews, 113 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombo Intro, 23 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leh Intro, 24 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darjeeling Intro, 17 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination McLeod Ganj Intro, 19 reviews, 74 photos
- Ajanta Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos