"Canada's most eco friendly city." Okotoks by twilightmuse
Okotoks Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 9 photos
Okotoks is 18km away from my little town of Black Diamond. So on an otherwise boring Saturday we spent the day kicking around and exploring this town. Most of the town is new and popped up box stores and plazas. But if it is a shopping district you are looking for head to Elizabeth Street in Olde towne. That is where you can park and wander up the lane and see lots of little coffee shops and some over priced boutiques and fun home decor shops and thrift stores.
Okotoks has been hailed in Chatelaine Magazine as Canada's most eco-friendly city. What makes it so eco-friendly? Well for one they have a population cap that relies soley on the local water source and what it can sustain. They also have a housing community that is totally solar powered. Add town recycing programs and botte return depos to that, community composting sites, gardens, trails and you get the idea.
It is also the youngest community in Alberta and the average age group is 31-33.
- Cons:No books stores!
twilightmuse's Related Pages
Okotoks Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Canada's most eco friendly city."
- "Oky doke, folks...all about Okotoks! ;o))"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Okotoks
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Okotoks?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Okotoks
Photos in OkotoksSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Black Diamond Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banff National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Camagüey Intro, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- Turner Valley Intro, 3 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Province of Alberta Intro, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- Playa del Carmen Intro, 1 review, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
- Calgary Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santa Lucía Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue