"My Gypsy Soul." twilightmuse's Profile
For as long as I can remember I have always been a wanderer. I can never sit still for too long. I always need to be out doing something never minding my own company. I love taking long walks exploring new territories; seeing the locals, the architecture, finding little niche spots to claim as my own. Day dreaming while looking out a bus window heading down the highway.
I've always fancied myself to be somewhat of a Gypsy. I think that somewhere down my lineage ( my dad's side is Czech and my mom's is a combination of French and Native Indian) I must have some gypsy in me or perhaps it is my Native heritage that instills this nomadic need in my blood. I always feel this inherint drive to move. As though I can only truly be free when I am discovering a new place. Wandering seemingly lost among the locals taking it all in. This is where I feel most at home.
2012 and Beyond
Moose Jaw Oct.1-3
Vancouver, Portland, Seattle, Aug.9-16
Edmonton, Canmore, Banff, July 16-21
Canmore, Banff, Calgary, May 30-June 4
Black Diamond, Nov.4
Santa Lucia, Aug.6-13
Toronto, April 1
New York City, Sept.1-5
Varadero, June 23-30
Playa Del Carmen, Oct.26-Nov.12
Ek Balam, Oct.28
Cleveland, Oct.25, Nov.2
Cape Croker, Aug. 17-22
Gravenhurst, Aug. 10-12
Thunderbay, July 28
Brandon ( Manitoba), July 27
Vancouver, July 21-26
Calgary, July 20th
Lake Louise, July 19th
Brandon, Manitoba, July 18
Thunderbay, July 17
Lion's Head, July 16
Kapuskasing, April 16-19
Playa Del Carmen, March 3-10
Tulum, March 6
Achtun Chen, March 8
Cape Croker, Aug. 17-22
St.Thomas ( Ontario), July 6-11, 2005, 2004
New Orleans, Oct.29-Nov.2,2004
Medina, Ohio, April 30-May 2, 2004
Oshawa, Mississauga, Florida, Gravenhurst, New Brunswick, Brampton, North Bay, Kirkland Lake, Barrie, Ottawa,
I may not have travelled far and wide as of yet but my life was generally pretty busy hoping on buses to various cities to visit family and friends, at one point it was every 3 weeks like clockwork I was busing it somewhere.
Now I stare out a window and sigh heavily. I feel tethered and restrained. Like I am on a hamster wheel to nowhere. I feel this burning desire to escape it all; the supposed status quo and see what else the world has to offer. I'm sure that is a feeling only travellers know ( as opposed to vacationers). I feel this need to wake up. I want to experience something extreme. Culture shock to the max. I am dreaming of India for some reason. Not that it will happen in the forseeable future but it is buzzing in my brain.
In the meantime there are things up my sleeve that I am hoping to pull out in the near future to quell that desire.
other then well everywhere, there are some places or festivals that I would love to be a part of and wish to cross off my list this lifetime.
Thai Elephant conservation area-Thailand
Burning Man Project/ festival
Salem Witches Ball- Halloween
Jim Morrison's grave- Paris
old Jewish cemetery- Prague
These pages are meant to be a place for me to both network and keep all of my random travel stuff in one place. Finally! It took me an entire weekend of scrounging and digging through old photos, paper journals, shoe boxes of mementos, online blogs, facebook etc. to piece together all of the remnants, ideas and memories of the places I have been.
I find that my photographs are mediocre at best. Photography has never really been my fortay, try as I might. I have always been a linear thinker when it came to taking photographs- everything had to be centered perfectly with no people near the objects or whatnot. Most of my more creative photos have usually been a mistake. Though lately I have been trying to break out of that habit thanks to being able to gleen some inspiration from all the VT'ers on here who freely let you cyber stalk them.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 70 Reviews
- 494 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 12 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Posted in Travel Delhi Forum "Yoga retreats & lone females."
- Commented on chunchie2's profile page
- Wrote a Review Stampede Madness about Calgary Stampede in Calgary Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Stampede Madness"
- updated a Canmore Travelogue "More Canmore."
updated their Personal Page "The Challenge!!"
- twilightmuse and rohan_tourist are now friends.
Top 10 Pages
- Cambridge Intro, 13 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Black Diamond Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banff National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Camagüey Intro, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- Turner Valley Intro, 3 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Province of Alberta Intro, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- Playa del Carmen Intro, 1 review, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
- Calgary Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santa Lucía Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22467 Reviews - 54994 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Berlin Hotels
- 6983 Reviews - 15645 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23319 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5858 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos