"1 HOUR FROM THE ROAD" Muang Ngoi by davidjo
Muang Ngoi Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 37 photos
As with many other people we boarded the boat at Nong Khiaw and had an exciting if not frightening trip up river to Muang Ngoi. We rounded a bend in the river and there was the village on the left with many bungalows along the raised embankment, with cliffs and hills surrounding it. What an ideal spot! We quickly found a bungalow and grabbed a baguette from one of the many places selling them. The people here were so friendly and we spent several days hiking in the morning, relaxing in the hammock in the afternoon, and dining at different restaurants in the evening.
- Pros:Peaceful, no traffic, surrounded by nature
- Cons:almost no medical help for serious problems
A few blocks off of the main street as you head out of the village join the kids at the football pitch, they will love... more travel advice
Boats leave each morning around 8 am to Muang Khua (5hrs), same time as the boat to Nong Khiaw. If there are not enough... more travel advice
davidjo's Related Pages
Muang Ngoi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "1 HOUR FROM THE ROAD"
- "MUANG NGOI"
- "last days before road and electric line"
- "Chilled and relaxed place"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Muang Ngoi
- Hotels in Muang Ngoi
- Transportation in Muang Ngoi
- Restaurants in Muang Ngoi
- Warnings and Dangers in Muang Ngoi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Muang Ngoi
- 12 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (375)
Have you been to Muang Ngoi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Muang Ngoi
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa Intro, 440 reviews, 1142 photos
- London Intro, 410 reviews, 996 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 162 reviews, 516 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Edinburgh Intro, 166 reviews, 496 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 158 reviews, 451 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manila Intro, 181 reviews, 426 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rangoon Intro, 134 reviews, 450 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 194 reviews, 252 photos
- Melaka Intro, 89 reviews, 276 photos
- Maymyo Intro, 79 reviews, 279 photos