"NONG KHIAW, PICTURESQUE VILLAGE" Nong Khiaw by davidjo
Nong Khiaw Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 33 photos
Unfortunately many travellers give this place a miss and use it as a staging post for the boat trip up river to Muang Ngoi, but this place is an attraction in it's own right, with bungalows overlooking the river, and surrounded by karst cliffs. The village straddles the Nam Ou river offering many breath-taking views. Most of the nicer bungalows are on the other side of the river at the small village of Ban Sop Houn, so you just have to cross the bridge to get there. There are many ethnic villages in the area for you to trek to alone, or with a guide, many caves to explore. Tham Pha Thok can be easily reached in an hour at a leisurely pace, it's an old cave where the villagers used to hide during the Vietnam war, and well worth the visit. Did not think so much of the food in this village, better food up river but don't let that prevent you from spending a couple of days here.
- In a nutshell:DON'T PASS BY WITHOUT SPENDING TIME HERE
The bus station is located at the edge of town, 30 minute walk from the boat station, or you can get a local sawngthaw... more travel advice
davidjo's Related Pages
Nong Khiaw Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kick back and unwind"
- "NONG KHIAW"
- "NONG KHIAW, PICTURESQUE VILLAGE"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nong Khiaw
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (405)
Have you been to Nong Khiaw?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nong Khiaw
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa Intro, 432 reviews, 1124 photos
- London Intro, 410 reviews, 996 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manila Intro, 209 reviews, 520 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 162 reviews, 516 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Edinburgh Intro, 166 reviews, 496 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 158 reviews, 451 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rangoon Intro, 134 reviews, 450 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 195 reviews, 253 photos
- Melaka Intro, 89 reviews, 276 photos
- Maymyo Intro, 79 reviews, 279 photos