"A LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY" Top 5 Page for this destination Palawan by davidjo
Palawan Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 216 photos
Palawan gets its name from Pa -Lao- Yu, which is the heading of this chapter.
Palawan actually consists of 1,700 islands in the South East of the country, very close to Malaysia which can be reached by speedboat in an hour. With 1.5m hectares it is the country's largest province with the China Sea to the west and the Sulu Sea to the east. The coastline of the main island of Palawan stretches for over 2,000 kms, with beautiful bays, beaches and jungle and mountains in the center. Palawan does not normally experience typhoons except for the islands in the north. Palawan used to be connected to Borneo via a landbridge so there are animals here that cannot be found in other parts of the country.
For more details of the island's history please look at the website
Be very careful if you are swimming on the west coast of the island as there are some dangerous undertows that will drag... more travel advice
Once you are far away from the highway and there will not be any petrol stations but as you are traveling along you will... more travel advice
davidjo's Related Pages
Palawan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Last Frontier"
- "A LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY"
- "Paradise? More like Heaven!!!"
- "Puerto Princesa Trip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palawan
- Hotels in Palawan
- Transportation in Palawan
- Nightlife in Palawan
- Restaurants in Palawan
- Shopping in Palawan
- Warnings and Dangers in Palawan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palawan
- 22 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (209)
Have you been to Palawan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palawan
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 346 reviews, 813 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa Intro, 249 reviews, 504 photos
- Manila Intro, 141 reviews, 345 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines 112 reviews, 135 photos
- Quezon 33 reviews, 96 photos
- Hounslow Intro, 39 reviews, 82 photos
- Richmond Intro, 33 reviews, 86 photos
- Angeles City Intro, 27 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bandar Seri Begawan Intro, 27 reviews, 69 photos
- Pundaquit Intro, 25 reviews, 58 photos