"A LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY" Top 5 Page for this destination Palawan by davidjo
Palawan Travel Guide: 107 reviews and 343 photos
Palawan gets its name from Pa -Lao- Yu, which is the heading of this chapter.
Palawan actually consists of 1,700 islands in the South East of the country, very close to Malaysia which can be reached by speedboat in an hour. With 1.5m hectares it is the country's largest province with the China Sea to the west and the Sulu Sea to the east. The coastline of the main island of Palawan stretches for over 2,000 kms, with beautiful bays, beaches and jungle and mountains in the center. Palawan does not normally experience typhoons except for the islands in the north. Palawan used to be connected to Borneo via a landbridge so there are animals here that cannot be found in other parts of the country.
For more details of the island's history please look at the website
I hiked up here a few years ago and the view from the top is well worth the effort as you can view the islands of Honda... more travel advice
Last night the British Ambassador was in town with his team and all the local Brits were invited for dinner after his... more travel advice
davidjo's Related Pages
Palawan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY"
- "The Last Frontier"
- "Palawan: Treasures & History!"
- "Underground River excursion"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palawan
- Hotels in Palawan
- Transportation in Palawan
- Nightlife in Palawan
- Restaurants in Palawan
- Shopping in Palawan
- Warnings and Dangers in Palawan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palawan
- 49 Reviews
- 110 Photos
- 67 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (375)
Have you been to Palawan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palawan
- Posted in Travel Iceland Forum "Re: How much spending money will..."
- Commented on one of davidjo's Palawan tips
- Wrote a Review HIKE MT. MAGARWAK, GOOD VIEW OF HONDA BAY in Palawan Sports & Outdoors
- Uploaded a Photo to "HIKE MT. MAGARWAK, GOOD VIEW OF HONDA BAY"
- created a Palawan Travel Page "A LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY"
Photos in PalawanSee All Photos (110)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa Intro, 440 reviews, 1142 photos
- London Intro, 410 reviews, 996 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 162 reviews, 516 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Edinburgh Intro, 166 reviews, 496 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 158 reviews, 451 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manila Intro, 181 reviews, 426 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rangoon Intro, 134 reviews, 450 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 194 reviews, 252 photos
- Melaka Intro, 89 reviews, 276 photos
- Maymyo Intro, 79 reviews, 279 photos