"A LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY" Top 5 Page for this destination Palawan by davidjo
Palawan Travel Guide: 96 reviews and 313 photos
Palawan gets its name from Pa -Lao- Yu, which is the heading of this chapter.
Palawan actually consists of 1,700 islands in the South East of the country, very close to Malaysia which can be reached by speedboat in an hour. With 1.5m hectares it is the country's largest province with the China Sea to the west and the Sulu Sea to the east. The coastline of the main island of Palawan stretches for over 2,000 kms, with beautiful bays, beaches and jungle and mountains in the center. Palawan does not normally experience typhoons except for the islands in the north. Palawan used to be connected to Borneo via a landbridge so there are animals here that cannot be found in other parts of the country.
For more details of the island's history please look at the website
Throughout the island you can see the Palawan Cherry in blossom in March and April. Cassia nodosa is claimed by some to... more travel advice
All boats are required to have enough life jackets for their passengers and you are supposed to wear one but often this... more travel advice
davidjo's Related Pages
Palawan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY"
- "The Last Frontier"
- "Palawan: Treasures & History!"
- "Underground River excursion"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palawan
- Hotels in Palawan
- Transportation in Palawan
- Nightlife in Palawan
- Restaurants in Palawan
- Shopping in Palawan
- Warnings and Dangers in Palawan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palawan
- 41 Reviews
- 94 Photos
- 51 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (306)
Have you been to Palawan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palawan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa Intro, 414 reviews, 1059 photos
- London Intro, 347 reviews, 814 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manila Intro, 170 reviews, 391 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines Intro, 183 reviews, 236 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coron Intro, 83 reviews, 237 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taal Intro, 78 reviews, 226 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Corregidor Island Intro, 71 reviews, 194 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quezon City Intro, 43 reviews, 121 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Barton Intro, 46 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taguig Intro, 34 reviews, 117 photos