"HASN'T CHANGED MUCH, STILL LAID BACK" Top 5 Page for this destination Port Barton by davidjo
Port Barton Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 217 photos
I first visited Port Barton in 1990 and usually take a trip there each year. It is still a quiet place and you are likely to share the beach with a handful of others. The bay is protected and the water is safe except for the occasional storm which is perhaps every 10 years. Yes, there are a few more cottages and resorts, a few more places to eat but i don't know anyone who didn't enjoy a few days here.
Port Barton lies on the west coast and you have to take a rough road from the highway north, passing by beautiful scenery, perhaps getting covered in mud if you are on a motorbike in the rainy season. A few kms before you reach PB you will get your first view of the ocean, which will take your breath away
In Port Barton you can relax on the beach if that's what you want or if you prefer to exercise walk to the waterfall, rent a kayak, try your luck at fishing, go diving, take a trip to the outlying islands. It's up to you.
- Pros:quiet, laid back, good food
- Cons:sometimes the road is very muddy
- In a nutshell:NICE TO RELAX AND GET AWAY FROM IT ALL
I have visited and stayed at Coconut Garden Resort several times in the last 15 years and i never tire of it. coconut... more travel advice
Ayettes has quite a selection of handicrafts for sale as well as postcards, sarongs etc. The souvenirs are actually in a... more travel advice
davidjo's Related Pages
Port Barton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Unique Village"
- "HASN'T CHANGED MUCH, STILL LAID BACK"
- "The tip of God's Glory"
- "Port Barton"
- "Hidden Paradise...."
- "Port Barton"
- "PORT BARTON"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port Barton
- Hotels in Port Barton
- Transportation in Port Barton
- Nightlife in Port Barton
- Restaurants in Port Barton
- Shopping in Port Barton
- Warnings and Dangers in Port Barton
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Port Barton
- 25 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Port Barton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Barton
- Posted in Travel Scotland Forum "Re: Help with itinerary..."
- Commented on one of davidjo's Port Barton travel pages
- Wrote a Review EXCELLENT FOOD, GOOD BUNGALOWS... in Port Barton Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "EXCELLENT FOOD, GOOD BUNGALOWS AND SANDY BEACH"
- created a Port Barton Travel Page "HASN'T CHANGED MUCH, STILL LAID BACK"
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 345 reviews, 811 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa Intro, 170 reviews, 240 photos
- Manila Intro, 51 reviews, 98 photos
- Hounslow Intro, 39 reviews, 82 photos
- Richmond Intro, 33 reviews, 86 photos
- Bandar Seri Begawan Intro, 27 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Barton Intro, 25 reviews, 40 photos
- Hampton Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos
- Kingston upon Thames Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Everest 20 reviews, 30 photos