"PUNDAQUIT, FISHERMAN'S VILLAGE" Pundaquit by davidjo
Pundaquit Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 240 photos
The traditional fishing village nestled in a bay is becoming a tourist destination as locals arrive from Manila to visit the offshore islands and hidden coves which are north and south of the village. It seems to me that life for the young people will change in the coming years as more resorts are built that will employ many people in the village. It is far easier working in the tourist sector at the resorts or taking visitors out on their bangkas (outrigger boats) to the nearby attractions than going out all night fishing, sometimes for a meager catch. Native bungalows line the beach, and further out of the village several major construction sites are employing the locals as more resorts are built. If visiting Pundaquit it is better to bring food with you as at the moment there is just basic food at a few touro-touro stands and a few resorts. We certainly enjoyed our few days there, staying in a native bungalow in the heart of the village, enjoying the friendship of the locals. I could easily have remained in Pundakit (as it is sometimes spelled) for two weeks relaxing in this laid back place and taking walks through the village and along the beach.
Unfortunately in Pundaquit it is extremely hard to find fruit unless someone has just harvested their bananas.... more travel advice
There is a surfing competition every year in August, and just so the locals get some practice in there is also one a... more travel advice
davidjo's Related Pages
Pundaquit Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barangay Pundaquit"
- "Wonders of Zambalez"
- "island getaway"
- "Secret No more"
- "PUNDAQUIT, FISHERMAN'S VILLAGE"
- "Nagsasa Cove Island"
- "Pundaquit Experience"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pundaquit
- Hotels in Pundaquit
- Transportation in Pundaquit
- Nightlife in Pundaquit
- Restaurants in Pundaquit
- Shopping in Pundaquit
- Warnings and Dangers in Pundaquit
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pundaquit
- 25 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (218)
Have you been to Pundaquit?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pundaquit
Photos in PundaquitSee All Photos (58)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 346 reviews, 813 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa Intro, 266 reviews, 568 photos
- Manila Intro, 159 reviews, 371 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Philippines 138 reviews, 163 photos
- Quezon 33 reviews, 96 photos
- Hounslow Intro, 39 reviews, 82 photos
- Richmond Intro, 33 reviews, 86 photos
- Angeles City Intro, 27 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quezon City 29 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bandar Seri Begawan Intro, 27 reviews, 69 photos