Vang Vieng Tourist Trap Tips by davidjo
Vang Vieng Tourist Traps: 5 reviews and 2 photos
I don't mind paying 1 or 2k kip for toilet charge as the locals built the toilets for a business and have to clean them and provide water, but it seems like in Vang Vieng these small charges can add up. There are several bridges in the surrounding area that can be crossed by m/bikes, but there is up to 10,000 kip charge. There is a charge to climb a hill, but no charge for the locals. What is the difference between a foreigner and a local climbing a hill or crossing a bridge ? Surely by visiting Laos we are helping the economy by spending out hard earned cash and i sometimes feel ripped off at these extra charges. I can understand that foreigners may pay more to see local temples, buildings etc but don't mind that, it's their country, they are poor so we cannot expect the locals to pay to see their own country.
More Reviews (8)
davidjo's Related Pages
Vang Vieng Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "... by the Song river, in the shade of mountains"
- "Heavenly Vang Viang"
- "peaceful Vang Vieng"
- "The Rustic Countryside of Vang Vieng"
- "Vang Vieng- Peaceful Town"
- "Hippy Haven"
- "Relax in stunning Vieng Vang!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vang Vieng
- Hotels in Vang Vieng
- Transportation in Vang Vieng
- Nightlife in Vang Vieng
- Restaurants in Vang Vieng
- Warnings and Dangers in Vang Vieng
- See All...
Explore the World
- Vatulele Island Hotels
- White River Hotels
- Kilbline Castle Hotels
- Province de l' Ogooue-Maritime Hotels
- Nisos Pserimos
- Rahim Yar Khan
Badges & Stats in Vang Vieng
- 9 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (88)
Have you been to Vang Vieng?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vang Vieng
Photos in Vang ViengSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 345 reviews, 811 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa Intro, 143 reviews, 182 photos
- Manila Intro, 51 reviews, 98 photos
- Hounslow Intro, 39 reviews, 82 photos
- Richmond Intro, 33 reviews, 86 photos
- Bandar Seri Begawan Intro, 27 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Barton Intro, 25 reviews, 40 photos
- Hampton Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos
- Kingston upon Thames Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Everest 20 reviews, 30 photos