"New Forest" New Forest by bryank_uk
New Forest Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 140 photos
I decided that seeing as I live not far from the Forest and I'm a frequent visitor I'll add some tips and info on places that are not so well known :-)
The Forest is large and hides quite a few secrets.. You can find a 19th century rifle range, various WWII related sites, such as the remains of the '12 Airfields of the New Forest' including some runways, aircraft pans, control bunkers and the still standing control tower of RAF Ibsley.
The New Forest was also a massive staging post for the D-Day landings. Even recently during the controlled burning that takes place in parts of the heathlands some long-lost live rounds exploded.
Evidence of other historical events can still be found, such as the 'Portugese Fireplace' from the Great World War.
bryank_uk's Related Pages
New Forest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful heather and horses in the New Forest"
- "Get lost in the New Forest"
- "England's smallest and newest national park"
- "My very favourite place."
- "Neither New Nor All Forest"
- "The New Forest & its wildlife"
- "New Forest"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Forest
- Hotels in New Forest
- Transportation in New Forest
- Restaurants in New Forest
- Warnings and Dangers in New Forest
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Forest
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to New Forest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Forest
Photos in New ForestSee All Photos (7)
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (2)
No friends yet.