"Barossa Valley" Top 5 Page for this destination Barossa by alisonr

Barossa Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 140 photos

Wine Lovers Heaven!

Think rolling hills dotted with magestic old chalets, cellar doors with the charm of yesteryear, quaint little towns, rows and rows of vines, and of course wine, and you are in the Barossa Valley!

Novotel Barossa Valley Resort

I would not go past this place if you really want to relax at the Barossa. Also great place if you have kids. They have lots of activities to keep the tots entertained while you spend the day wine tasting! A great home base, not far from the town and wineries!

• Pros:Fantastic place to relax and have a few days sightseeing and taking it easy
  • Cons:A long way from my house ( I know that is pathetic, it is the only reason I can come up with!!! It is perfect!)
  • In a nutshell:Perfect place to relax.(Could you tell I was DYING for a holiday when I went there!!)
  • Last visit to Barossa: Jan 2005
  • Intro Updated Jan 13, 2005

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2005 at 5:04 AM

G'day Alli. Didn't get there but I love Jacobs Creek and Penfolds wines. Hey didn't know Angus fruits came from there? Love the dried apricots and prunes :o) Are you coming to the bit vt meeting next year? Cheers, Ann :o)

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2005 at 2:48 PM

Elderton was my favorite winery. Your page brought back nice memories.

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2005 at 8:58 PM

Barossa Valley is a gr8 place. Charles Melton, Rockford,, Turkey Flat & Kim Jenke are my fave wineries. Tell us more. You'll have to go back again. lol! Then the Clare, another gr8 winemaking valley.

alisonr

“You can't appreciate the rainbow with out the rain!”

Badges & Stats in Barossa

Have you been to Barossa?

Latest Activity in Barossa