"The Gap" Halls Gap by alisonr
Halls Gap Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 22 photos
Halls Gap is a town of 300 people in 'the gap' between 2 mountain ranges in the Grampians national park. It is 2.5 hours from my town of Mount Gambier, would be about 2 hours from Melbourne i reckon.
There are kangaroos EVERYWHERE! And i mean it. Not just in the paddocks, on the oval or the school. They are at the caravan park, in people's back and front yards! They hop across the main street road! It is amazing. And I come from a rural town where I see them all the time and I was amazed, so if you come from overseas or from a city you will LOVE it!
Halls Gap gets busy in the summer, as lots of tourists converge on the small town.
A great spot in the cooler months to get away from it all, and really get back to nature.
Numerous walks start from Halls Gap and go up into the mountains. You will be amazed at how close the mountains are to the town centre. They are literally on your back door, and on both sides too!!
If you aren't that into walking, you can still see a lot of the mountain sites by driving and only a bit of walking.... more travel advice
This is really a 'common sense' rather than a danger as such. Make sure you are well equipped for your walk, even if it... more travel advice
alisonr's Related Pages
Halls Gap Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Halls Gap"
- "The Grampion National Park"
- "The Gap"
- "Grampians National Park"
- "Hall's Gap."
- "Eszter's Halls Gap Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Halls Gap
- Hotels in Halls Gap
- Restaurants in Halls Gap
- Shopping in Halls Gap
- Warnings and Dangers in Halls Gap
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Halls Gap
- 9 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Halls Gap?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Halls Gap
Photos in Halls GapSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Melbourne Intro, 53 reviews, 160 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 46 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 27 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 41 photos
- Phuket Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 20 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos
- Penang Intro, 15 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos