"Yay Melbourne!" Melbourne by alisonr
Melbourne Travel Guide: 3,395 reviews and 7,671 photos
Melbourne is the capital city of Victoria. It is a very multicultural city with a China Town, Greek/Italian area of Lygon Street and many more. Melbourne is renouwned for its class and diversity, great eating houses and cafes. Not far away is the snow fields of Lake Mountain and Mt Bulla, to the west the Great Ocean Road, also the Dandenong Ranges and Wilson's Prom. The zoo is a highlight as you will see from my traveloge. The Aquarium is great, as is the Southbank complex with the casino close by. Lots of sports are played here, like Australian Rules Football in the MCG, Colonial Stadium, the tennis centre, rowing on the Yarra River and lots more. Melbourne has something for everyone.
Three in a row - Makybe Diva has done what no other horse in Melbourne Cup history has done - by winning the famour race 3 years in a row! I am proud to say I was there - and what an amazing day it was. See my travelouge for more pics..
My mum is from Altona, a suburb to the South West of the city. My grandparent, aunties and uncles and cousins still live there. I have visited the place what seems like hundreds of times in my life, from a very early age. Here is my view on what I see as an exciting and progressive city, and a favourite!!
Please check out my travelouge for HEAPS of Melbourne and surrounding areas photos!!
Hope you enjoy my page!!
- Pros:International city, great shopping and food and of course, my family!
- Cons:Weather is s&@tty!
- In a nutshell:Lots of fond memories, love going back there.
The lobby of the beautiful old Grand Hotel on Spencer Street offers a great starting point to your night out on the... more travel advice
Great. Location is not within walking distance of the city but only a short cab ride away - $6 to the arts centre. We... more travel advice
- See All Take a break from shopping...
- Outlet City!
- See All Skybus to Airport
- See All Jurlique Day Spa at Como
alisonr's Related Pages
Melbourne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wherever I Lay My Hat - That's My Home"
- "Melbourne - Our Home for 2005 and 2006"
- "IMPREXXION: MELBOURNE"
- "Melbourne is a Dive"
- "Sweetberry's "Melbourne Page""
- "Melbourne - The Place to Be"
- "Melbourne - My Second Home !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melbourne
- Hotels in Melbourne
- Transportation in Melbourne
- Nightlife in Melbourne
- Restaurants in Melbourne
- Shopping in Melbourne
- Warnings and Dangers in Melbourne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Melbourne
- 53 Reviews
- 160 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 91 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Melbourne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melbourne
Photos in MelbourneSee All Photos (160)
Top 10 Pages
- Melbourne Intro, 53 reviews, 160 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 46 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 27 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 41 photos
- Phuket Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 20 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos
- Penang Intro, 15 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos