"Yay Melbourne!" Melbourne by alisonr

Melbourne Travel Guide: 3,377 reviews and 7,601 photos

Go Melbourne!

Melbourne is the capital city of Victoria. It is a very multicultural city with a China Town, Greek/Italian area of Lygon Street and many more. Melbourne is renouwned for its class and diversity, great eating houses and cafes. Not far away is the snow fields of Lake Mountain and Mt Bulla, to the west the Great Ocean Road, also the Dandenong Ranges and Wilson's Prom. The zoo is a highlight as you will see from my traveloge. The Aquarium is great, as is the Southbank complex with the casino close by. Lots of sports are played here, like Australian Rules Football in the MCG, Colonial Stadium, the tennis centre, rowing on the Yarra River and lots more. Melbourne has something for everyone.

Diva Day - 1st November 2005

Three in a row - Makybe Diva has done what no other horse in Melbourne Cup history has done - by winning the famour race 3 years in a row! I am proud to say I was there - and what an amazing day it was. See my travelouge for more pics..

My mum is from Altona, a suburb to the South West of the city. My grandparent, aunties and uncles and cousins still live there. I have visited the place what seems like hundreds of times in my life, from a very early age. Here is my view on what I see as an exciting and progressive city, and a favourite!!

Please check out my travelouge for HEAPS of Melbourne and surrounding areas photos!!

Hope you enjoy my page!!

• Pros:International city, great shopping and food and of course, my family!
  • Cons:Weather is s&@tty!
  • In a nutshell:Lots of fond memories, love going back there.
  • Last visit to Melbourne: Nov 2007
  • Intro Updated Nov 7, 2007

• Alex-Perth's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2006 at 1:08 AM

Don't agree with you not naming the spa you had the great day at... Don't see it as advertising... It's a tip!!! Like your pic of your kitty kat... gorgeous...

• Twinsurf's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2006 at 10:00 AM

G'day Al ... thanks for posting such great tips (and so many of them) on you city. Now I'm ever more convinced that Melbourne was a brilliant choice for my WorkHoliday :)

• australia2's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2005 at 3:53 PM

Thanks Al. Gee your work is superb ! 100% marks on it all ! May I put a link on my Melb page to yours, it's much better ? I "visit" Mt G often on BOM for upcoming weather. I grew up in Sunshine near Altona ! Not quite Toorak ! :-)

• zlatiq's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2005 at 8:32 PM

Big Day Out seems interesting...do u think i'll be able to get tickets on place?cool:)i hope i'll get approved for a visa and i'll come for the Aus Open in tennis and Big Day Out! thanks for sharing this great info and cool photos!

• May 20, 2004 at 5:24 PM

nice page!! more than nice actually ;-)) cool off beaten pics too! enjoy the weekend...

• Mez77's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2003 at 4:35 PM

Loved the field of sunflowers. Pity hubby didn't propose here. Great Melbourne page. Useful when I come down next weekend Yay!! Will check out some of you othe pages when I get the chance.

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2003 at 4:20 AM

Excellent look at Melbourne, Alison. Congrats on getting married back in Feb. We're hoping to visit "down under" next year.

• craic's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2003 at 12:44 PM

Sunflowers. Ah!

• zentrinko's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2003 at 4:33 PM

Lots of great pics and info, really enjoyed viewing these pages

• genispp's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2002 at 9:10 AM

Beautiful page: good info, photos and travelogues

alisonr Visits Here Frequently!

alisonr

“You can't appreciate the rainbow with out the rain!”

Badges & Stats in Melbourne

Have you been to Melbourne?

Latest Activity in Melbourne