"Gateway to the 12 Apostles" Port Campbell by alisonr
Port Campbell Travel Guide: 129 reviews and 550 photos
This is a town on the Great Ocean Road, the most spectacular road in Southern Australia. It has a population of only 200, its job is to introduce us to the 12 Apostels. It is a cosy and quiet little town, with lovely bakeries and cafes, some upmarket restaurants, as well as the traditional pub. It is growing, with various motels and hotels, as well as a backpackers, and many Bed and Breakfasts, and new cabins. Also various tour operators for diving and boating, siteseeing and helicopters etc operate out of the town.
Port Campbell is truly the gateway to the 12 Apostles. Drive through the town, after stopping for a well earned cappucino and cake, to get to the famed scenery. Visit the tourist info centre, where you will also find the heli tours through PremiAIR. I can highly recommend these!
Then you will see views like these...
- In a nutshell:Sleepy fishing village, beautiful scenery, cosy accomodation
After travelling all day from Mt Gambier, we decided to stay the first night at Port Campbell. This is a small coastal... more travel advice
Written Sep 25, 2002
12 Apostles by Chopper!
Written Sep 14, 2002
Great Ocean Road
alisonr's Related Pages
Port Campbell Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Stop Along the Great Ocean Road"
- "Exploring the Great Ocean Road"
- "IMPREXXION: PORT CAMPBELL"
- "Port Campbell - Gateway to GOR and the South Coast"
- "Port Campbell and the 12 Apostles"
- "Once upon the Great Ocean Road"
- "Port Campbell Ntl Park and the Great Ocean Road"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port Campbell
- Hotels in Port Campbell
- Transportation in Port Campbell
- Restaurants in Port Campbell
- Warnings and Dangers in Port Campbell
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Campbell
- 2 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Port Campbell?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Campbell
Photos in Port CampbellSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Melbourne Intro, 53 reviews, 160 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 46 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 27 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 41 photos
- Phuket Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 20 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos
- Penang Intro, 15 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos