"Krung Thep - The Real City of Angels" Bangkok by alisonr
Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,714 reviews and 24,270 photos
Bangkok is an amazing place - where else can you find yourself in the middle of the most bizarre traffic one minute and then in the serenity of a temple the next? Great shopping and food and the people are so friendly.
Krung Thep is the shortened form of the full name which is in excess of 150 LETTERS!!
I returned to this amazing city in September 05. A much more relaxing trip than previously, as I had been there before and did not need to do so many tours. The city also felt very familiar after being in Europe for 4 weeks, so I think I enjoyed it more. The people are still as friendly as ever, the hotel Indra Regent had improved imensely and the shopping was just as I remembered it - cheap and fun!!
You have probably heard it before, but you have to fit in a trip to the Grand Palace. It is a stunning place, gives you a good introduction to the Thai culture and religion.
I loved elephants before I came to Thailand, and now I love them even more! They are everywhere, from the streets of Bangkok, to rubber farms and snake farms! But I will suggest if you must take a ride on one, make it a short one - they are very jerky and uncomfortable!
- Pros:I loved how different it is from Australia!
- Cons:A bit of a culture shock!
- In a nutshell:Temples, yummy food, elephants!
Be prepared to change your t shirt a few times a day if you are venturing out in the stifleing heat and humity of BKK.... more travel advice
Excellent bargains and miles and miles of stalls. more travel advice
- See All Again, just be aware of this
- See All If you want close to shopping this is...
- See All Hard Rock Cafe
- Bargaining - This was really...
alisonr's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 27 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 104 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
Photos in BangkokSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Melbourne Intro, 53 reviews, 160 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 46 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 27 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 41 photos
- Phuket Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 20 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos
- Penang Intro, 15 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos