"Krung Thep - The Real City of Angels" Bangkok by alisonr

Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,366 reviews and 23,038 photos

Bangkok is an amazing place - where else can you find yourself in the middle of the most bizarre traffic one minute and then in the serenity of a temple the next? Great shopping and food and the people are so friendly.
Krung Thep is the shortened form of the full name which is in excess of 150 LETTERS!!

I returned to this amazing city in September 05. A much more relaxing trip than previously, as I had been there before and did not need to do so many tours. The city also felt very familiar after being in Europe for 4 weeks, so I think I enjoyed it more. The people are still as friendly as ever, the hotel Indra Regent had improved imensely and the shopping was just as I remembered it - cheap and fun!!

The Grand Palace

You have probably heard it before, but you have to fit in a trip to the Grand Palace. It is a stunning place, gives you a good introduction to the Thai culture and religion.

Elephants!

I loved elephants before I came to Thailand, and now I love them even more! They are everywhere, from the streets of Bangkok, to rubber farms and snake farms! But I will suggest if you must take a ride on one, make it a short one - they are very jerky and uncomfortable!

• Pros:I loved how different it is from Australia!
  • Cons:A bit of a culture shock!
  • In a nutshell:Temples, yummy food, elephants!
  • Last visit to Bangkok: Oct 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 3, 2005

alisonr

“You can't appreciate the rainbow with out the rain!”

Badges & Stats in Bangkok

Have you been to Bangkok?

Latest Activity in Bangkok