"Yanbu" Yanbu` al Bahr by LauraofArabia
Yanbu` al Bahr Travel Guide: 176 reviews and 282 photos
Yanbu Al-Bahr means Yanbu by the Sea in Arabic. It is a small city with an ancient past. There are some beautiful, old Arabian houses that are falling into dis-repair. The Saudi Government has recently launched a project to protect and develop the historical landmarks in Yanbu. It is and was a seaport on the Red Sea. In olden days, caravans carrying carpets, spices, silk and incense would pass through Yanbu Al-Bahr on their way to distant markets in the Middle East and Europe. It has a beautiful shoreline and a nice souq or marketplace. There is a good restaurant in the Holiday Inn.
Yanbu Al-Sanayea is a beautiful little town - peaceful and quiet. It is an Industrial town built by the Saudi Royal Commission. It is very clean and very modern. It was built by an American architect. It looks a lot like Arizona. It is located on the shore of the Red Sea and has a lovely Corniche. Plans have recently gotten underway to improve it and make it even better! Many of the large oil, gas and petrochemical companies are located outside of the city. There are a large number of foreign workers living on compounds here. Not a lot of restaurants or shopping. Dana Mall is nice though.
A Yearly festival in Yanbu Industrial City. It attracts visitors from all over the Kingdom. Food, Fun and lots of Flowers.
- In a nutshell:Yanbu Industrial is quiet, serene and up and coming!
Umluj is a approximately 150Km north of Yanbu al Bahr. The people of the town are warm and friendly. A great place to go... more travel advice
A brand new mall located next to Najma (Star) Market. more travel advice
LauraofArabia's Related Pages
Yanbu` al Bahr Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Base Ops for Lawrence of Arabia"
- "Yanbu Industrial City"
- "Yanbu ... a cool and relaxing city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yanbu` al Bahr
- Hotels in Yanbu` al Bahr
- Restaurants in Yanbu` al Bahr
- Shopping in Yanbu` al Bahr
- Warnings and Dangers in Yanbu` al Bahr
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yanbu` al Bahr
- 9 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Yanbu` al Bahr?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yanbu` al Bahr
Top 10 Pages
- Yanbu` al Bahr Intro, 9 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Abha Intro, 8 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dubai Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos
- Mecca Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Sharjah Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Al Hada Intro, 1 review, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Abu Dhabi Intro, 1 review, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Medina Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Khamis Mushayt 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cairo Intro, 1 review, 5 photos