"Jinhong (Xishanbanna): The Chinese Mekong portal" Jinghong by Richard.GVA
Jinghong Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 98 photos
Many backpackers pass through this rather large town on their way from/to Laos. I stayed here for a couple of nights and do not regret it. Travel Cafés offer interesting day tours and trekking to ethnic minority dwellings in scenic surroundings.
There is also a fast boat service (8 hrs) to Thailand, usually 3 times a week, subject to a minimum of abt 20 passengers and water conditions (no boats this spring because the Mekong water level was ways too low).
Contact a Jinhong travel café for booking and guidance)
- Pros:Good travel connections by road or air
- Cons:Nobody speaks English (best to look for travel café)
- In a nutshell:More than just a bus stop
Richard.GVA's Related Pages
Jinghong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "town of new character"
- "Jinhong (Xishanbanna): The Chinese Mekong portal"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jinghong
- Hotels in Jinghong
- Transportation in Jinghong
- Nightlife in Jinghong
- Restaurants in Jinghong
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Jinghong
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Jinghong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jinghong
Top 10 Pages
- Geneva Intro, 11 reviews
- Louang Namtha 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Guimarães Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Otavalo Intro, 3 photos
- Oviedo Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Jinghong Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Vientiane 2 reviews
- Banyuwangi Intro, 2 photos
- Leticia 1 review, 1 photo
- Ho Chi Minh City 1 review